Which boxer's style would be best for MMA?

Nightrider

Yellow Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Lots of talk about Fury moving over, so what other boxers do u think would do well?

Prime Ali would be a beast at LHW, light on feet so hard to take down and trap against the fence.

Maybe a big power puncher like Foreman would be killing dudes with 4oz gloves

I know Loma has a wrestling background so he'd be good as well

Lomachenkov.
Roy Jones Jr.
Floyd????????
GGG fo sho!

young tyson.

This, low centre of gravity, fast, powerful, strong as an ox. Imagine trying to clinch up with him or get in on his legs.

Would be a fucking nightmare.

Of modern day boxers, Monster Inoue has a good style I think.

Lots of talk about Fury moving over, so what other boxers do u think would do well?

Prime Ali would be a beast at LHW, light on feet so hard to take down and trap against the fence.

Loma, as you mentioned would be the best with his wrestling background and footwork.

As for non-active boxers, it would be Ray Mercer.

The one where you punch the guy more then he punches you...

Lomachenko can win the belt whenever he wants to

RJJ - he would be a night mare to take down with his fast feet and low hands

vitali klitschko had a good kickboxing record, if he had decent TDD he'd probably dominate the division.

Prime Vitali Klitschko did well in both kickboxing and karate before doing extremely well in boxing. I'd think he could adapt well to any sort of striking-attack, he might face in the UFC. He'd bore everybody to tears in the process, but I think he had a lot of potential to excel.

I think it would clearly be an explosive athlete with knockout power. Guys who win through tactical nous (Paulie for example) would absolutely suck. HW might be the exception since a really tall guy might be able to learn just enough grappling to fight behind his jab and win some fights.

Marvin Hagler
^ this is the best answer. Hagler had the right combination of determination, legendary training, size and athleticism to legitimately cutover from boxing to MMA.

I should add, he was superb with switching stances, something that would also translate into MMA

Last edited:
Whichever style involved wrestling in high school or college

Joshua kelly

All head movement, no gloves defense

Tyson, Foreman, Wilder etc.. Basically all powerful, aggressive, physically imposing boxers.

Floyd type of boxer wouldnt crack top 50.

This, low centre of gravity, fast, powerful, strong as an ox. Imagine trying to clinch up with him or get in on his legs.

Would be a fucking nightmare.

Of modern day boxers, Monster Inoue has a good style I think.
At heavyweight tyson would get bullied in the clinch, he got bullied in the clinch even in boxing bigger guys would grab him all the time and sorta push him off.
Evander was manipulating tyson in the clinch part of the reason he got so frustrated
I think at lhw he could do some damage

Someone with Power, a good chin, and who often slips or parries punches

The worst would be a chinny pillow fisted guy who hides behind giant pillows for defense, or bounces his opponents giant pillows off his shoulders to defend. A real fist would often sneak past the shoulder and catch around the temple or above the ear. Another absolute failure of defense in MMA would be crouching for extended periods and turning your back

Back