Stats Prove GSP is a lethal finisher outside of Title Defenses

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GSP finished 13/17 opponents outside of title defences. that’s 76 percent of the time. Much higher than most UFC contenders nowadays.

Furthermore when GSP was a title challenger fighting for UFC titles, he finished Matt Hughes and Matt Serra and Michael Bisping.

so 100 percent of title wins were by finish.

Long and short of it is. Without the pressure of defending a title, GSP can put ANYONE away. When he is coming for you and the aggression is on his side. You’re toast.

GSP for Prime Minister of Canada. He has my vote.

Well that's great, but he's been defending a title since like 2007. So basically you're saying it's been over a decade since GSP could finish

Nobody is saying otherwise, we all know he played it safe during his epic WW title run.

<{vega}>

Who would have thought that it is hard to finish the people who are hardest to finish.

GSP finished 13/17 opponents outside of title defences. that’s 76 percent of the time. Much higher than most UFC contenders nowadays.

Furthermore when GSP was a title challenger fighting for UFC titles, he finished Matt Hughes and Matt Serra and Michael Bisping.

so 100 percent of title wins were by finish.

Long and short of it is. Without the pressure of defending a title, GSP can put ANYONE away. When he is coming for you and the aggression is on his side. You’re toast.

GSP for Prime Minister of Canada. He has my vote.

So according to this, GSP as Prime minister will "Finish" Canada.

Dude was a lethal finisher up until just after the Serra rematch

The legendary greatness he avoided by safety-dancing his entire title defense run will haunt MMA fandom for years to come. This will always be a polarized debate.

Pre-Serra 1 GSP was a monster. Exciting striker always going for the finish. After the Serra loss he changed his game and started fighting more strategic..

The legendary greatness he avoided by safety-dancing his entire title defense run will haunt MMA fandom for years to come. This will always be a polarized debate.
How he couldn't finish Hardy or Koscheck is boggling. Koscheck's face was literally in pieces and Hardy was asking to be subbed.

Well that's great, but he's been defending a title since like 2007. So basically you're saying it's been over a decade since GSP could finish
I didn’t realize the Bisping fight was so long ago. Wow how time flies.

it’s a double edged sword. Anderson took risks and finished opponents and has been brutally finished himself

It's normal, most fighters go from fighting a lot and hardly ever (sometimes never) pulling out to pulling out of every other fight and fighting very safe once they become champ. Guys like Whittaker and DC had never pulled out before they became champs.

It's normal, most fighters go from fighting a lot and hardly ever (sometimes never) pulling out to pulling out of every other fight and fighting very safe once they become champ. Guys like Whittaker and DC had never pulled out before they became champs.
didn't DC pull out of the olympics?

"Stats Prove GSP is a lethal finisher outside of Title Defenses"

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics
-Mark Twain

Stats prove Anderson Silva is a lethal finisher inside title defenses, making him better than someone who is only a finisher against low level opponents

GSP is the decision king.. no stats will make me chance my mind

I think everyone already knows that he became careful after the first Serra fight

Back