Anderson's and Weidman's sunset careers, who's worse?

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
While they are completely different fighters and their achievements are not comparable. Anderson is the most dominant champion in the ufc, who holds almost all the records, has spectacular finishes, will never be surpassed, Weidman is more like a one hit wonder, who started spiraling down almost immediately, never even had a prime. Anderson was at his best till 38 yo, while Weedman is scrapped at only 31. The last several years have been hard on both guys. Who do you think has worse recent record and losses

Anderson:
upload_2019-11-12_13-33-17.png

Weirdman:
upload_2019-11-12_13-34-0.png

In Anderson's defense:
-both Weirdman's fights were flukes
-He won the Diaz fight 50:45 only to be overturned to NC due to dick pills.
-He KOd Bisping but Herb was too stoned to react.
-He took the DC fight in 2 days notice, no training camp.DC did no damage anyways.
-Beat a contender in Derek.
-Won a round against Izzy in 2019. In contrast Rob got KOd twice against Izzy.
-Another freak injury against Canon.

Weidman's fans should follow up with his excuses.

Huge Weidman fan here; Anderson definitely having much better finish to his career. Weidman is getting brutally knocked out in all his losses while Anderson is competitive in all his.

Weidmans losses are worse than Andersons but what makes things especially glaring in the comparison is that Weidman still thinks he's only 1 win from a championship fight and that he will win a belt again. Thats why Weidman is the undisputed leader of the Lost Battalion at this point in his career.

Weidman is one of the luckiest fighters ever, perfect example of being in the right place at the right time. As soon as they enforced more testing and he had to fight people his own age (although Jacare and Romero are 40), he couldn't win a fight. Props to the guy, he was a UFC champ and no one can take that away from him, but his legacy hinges entirely on those two weird Anderson fights.

Last edited:
Anderson's.

Caught as an steroid cheat, and facing people he was poised to beat. He fakes leg injuries to get out of fights he is losing like some jobber.

Chris is facing monsters only. And unless proven otherwise, he is not a syringe born joke.

Weidmans losses are worse than Andersons but what makes things especially glaring in the comparison is that Weidman still thinks he's only 1 win from a championship fight and that he will win a belt again. Thats why Weidman is the undisputed leader of the Lost Battalion at this point in his career.

There is another thread about Weidman's delusional illusions. But I don't think people hate him for that anymore, its a part of his personality. 1 fight away from TS, still our boi, Weedman.

A. Both

Edit : Weidman should have maybe one more fight and then retire. He cannot basically win a fight these days, and, worse, he is getting KO'd all the time. It's not like he's been losing split decisions. I do like the guy, but he is just SLOW, he moves too slow, he punches too slow, he moves out of the way too slow -- he just doesn't seem to have enough fast-twitch muscle fibres to compete at a high UFC level anymore.
Mitigating circumstances are that he lost to top-level opposition. All the people he lost too are excellent and very tough to beat. There's no shame in that, but....eventually Reality Strikes.

Last edited:
Weidman's are definitely worse, but in the "demise" of Anderson we are including 2 losses to Weidman, so its kind of an odd question to answer.

First, Chris fell harder and has one of the worst career endings in MMA. But, this comment is not accurate:
"Weidman is more like a one hit wonder, who started spiraling down almost immediately, never even had a prime."
Chris was at his best from 2010 to 2015. People forget he had three title defenses as well. Prime Chris was dominate and he had some great wins during this stretch:
upload_2019-11-12_8-28-27.png

Silly question..........Weidman has been getting starched badly. Anderson was already way over the hill but his losses are nowhere near as bad (both in terms of physical trauma and importance on their career).

Anderoid is much worse. One win in the last 6 years, and that was a gift decision. Not once since Weidman humiliated him in their first fight, did I think he could recover his ability to dominate and win again. I was correct

44 year old Anderson (with 45 fights in 22 years of fighting) won a round vs the current MW champ in a very competitive decision and hurt his leg vs top 5 KO machine Cannonier. He KOd Bisping, beat prime top 5 KO machine Brunson, and hurt future HW/LHW champ DC on 2 days notice.

35 year old Weidman (with only 19 fights in 10 years of fighting) has been brutally KOd in 5 of his last 6 fights.

There is simply no comparison.

Last edited:
Anderson had a better and longer prime. He should have retired after breaking his leg and gotten into being a Brazilian TV personality. I've seen him on a Netflix obstacle course show and he seemed to be having fun.

Weidman faced some tough opponents

but Silva at his age simple didnt care anymore, just fought to finish his contract

while Weidman was taking every fight very seriously

Huge Weidman fan here; Anderson definitely having much better finish to his career. Weidman is getting brutally knocked out in all his losses while Anderson is competitive in all his.
This.

Also Anderson is Olderson by now.
Weidman decline started at early 30s.

I'll take prime Anderson over prime weidman any day of week. In Chris s defense , he took no " gimme" fights ( no fault to Anderson- he fought who they put in front of him). Chris also one of those fighters who benefited from " timing" but still a beast and proved it after getting title. Chris s biggest career mistake ( as far as longevity- mistake a bad word cause it got him title, defenses and a whole lot of $$$$$) is that he got a knack for the stand up and keeping fighters at the end of his punches. He thought he was so great and the mousasi fight ( a fight he should not of taken at the time) showed what a great stand up fighter with high fight IQ and a chin looks like compared to a good one like Chris. The second round of that fight was pure outclassment until Chris wanted out.

After Romero knee( a fight that was even Steven until.....) , team Luango shouldve held back the reigns of Chris and shouldve not only taken an easier fight but start to put his decorated wrestling/bjj to work. Chris shouldnt be in the position that hes in right now OR he should cause at the end of the day - You are what you are.

Anderson had a better and longer prime. He should have retired after breaking his leg and gotten into being a Brazilian TV personality. I've seen him on a Netflix obstacle course show and he seemed to be having fun.
That would have been the best for him but he keeps signing up for more fights. He's made so much money and accomplished everything he ever could, it makes me think he might be like Sakuraba and want to die in the cage.

Anderson went on a 2500 day title reign. In his later career, he’s losing decisions to guys like DC and Israel. I don’t think that’s even comparable to the way Weidman’s career has gone. I like Weidman too, but that’s the truth.

Back