Izzy didn't carry Anderson

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
There you have it, from the man himself

He tried to kill him.

I thought it was a case of styles cancelling each other out with the edge going to the younger dude. I also think 35 year old Silva would have put him away in 2 rounds.

I thought it was a case of styles cancelling each other out with the edge going to the younger dude. I also think 35 year old Silva would have put him away in 2 rounds.

Agreed. Some haters started rumors that Izzy was carrying Anderson. But the reality is 44YO Anderson gave the champion Izzy in 2019 the hardest fight and even won a round.

Silva has been knocked out once in 44 fights (and in a silly manner), pretending Adeasnya should have finished him is ignorant.

Just shows again how good prime Silva was. Izzy carrying that torch, good to see a decent striker be champ.

Silva has been knocked out once in 44 fights (and in a silly manner), pretending Adeasnya should have finished him is ignorant.

Izzy KOd the previous champion Rob twice in one fight.

Anderson Silva will be a dangerous opponent to anyone until he loses his arms in a freak wood-chipper accident.

I expected Andy to lose that fight, being well past his prime, and I'm a Silva nutthugger. But, Anderson surprised me in that one. Was interesting. He pushed forward most the fight.

Hm.. i think it's neither completely really. I mean, it'd be pretty disrespectful if Adesanya was saying "yeah, i wasn't exactly going hard at him" wouldn't it?
I think he took him very serious but was very careful as well plus Silva was actually quite good that fight.

Hm.. i think it's neither completely really. I mean, it'd be pretty disrespectful if Adesanya was saying "yeah, i wasn't exactly going hard at him" wouldn't it?
I think he took him very serious but was very careful as well plus Silva was actually quite good that fight.

The difference in speed was evident, Anderson was seeing the punches, just couldn't react in time. Speed left him.

The difference in speed was evident, Anderson was seeing the punches, just couldn't react in time. Speed left him.
Yeah, although (even as an elite striker) it's no shame to get hit by Adesanya that is true. I mean he was 43 years old at the time, it would've been unheard of if he was just as fast as he was some years prior.
It was kinda similar with Roy Jones Jr.; when he got older, he suffered from being too reliant on his fast reaction time and athleticism in his fights (way more than Silva so).

Hes actually a really cool dude, ive changed my opinion of him.

nice!

44 year old Anderson lost a competitive 29-28 decision to prime Israel.

Prime Silva KOs any version of Adesnaya within 2 rounds

prime silva beats anyone with one arm tied behind his back

This whole thread is a circle jerk, and the most liked comment gets the soggy muffin

Someone is going to say that Izzy only said this to be respectful to Anderson. And by someone, I mean some idiot.

Back