I truly Believe Greg Hardy will be the Champ one day

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was gonna make this thread prior to his last fight but iPad bugged out

maybe a bit of a crazy prediction to some of you, But I just think he has crazy potential

Straight up raw talent, explosiveness, power, hips

He's involving rapidly as well, his boxing during his last fight looked at least 200% better than his last fight. The amount he's improved in a very short time is impressive

Idk what it is but something tells me he's going to be at the top of the food chain in the hw division in the very near future. He will be a very real threat, perhaps one of the biggest in the division

Sherdog sleeping on him just like they slept on Israel Adesanya and the long list of other fighters with immense potential who get triggered by confidence or some other pussy reason

I expect most to disagree completely, sherdoggers are unbelievably bad at judging this sort of thing. You have to be on the verge of a championship before most around here even acknowledge you're legit

giphy.gif

Hardy is likeable but so far he hasn't exactly flexed his A level NFL athleticism sherdosexuals lust after so much ...

You also thought you could beat Chris Leben in a fight.
I think this is on the same level.

Trolling at its finest
Lol

Its sorrta funny how many people can't see how much potential this guy has

There's a few things happening, one, people here are unbelievably bad at discerning potential before its "arrived"

Two, when sherdoggers don't like someone, it creates an inability to objective about their skillset, attributes and potential.

Three, fighters with confidence and hype are off putting to many here, causing them to root against him, again stifling objectivity

My 2 cents. Regardless, I don't expect many to agree with me here. Yet

No doubt the dude has amazing gifts, his hands might be the fastest in the division and his power is no joke. Technique and experience are probably what holds him back. I saw him throw a combo that last fight, and I had to rewind that shit. He has incredibly fast hands, but the technique is seriously lacking. If he knew how to get inside and generate torque on his punches he could have put that dude away. But that takes experience, and being comfortable going inside knowing your likely gonna eat one. That willingness to commit is not something that is easily taught.

People laughed when I said the same thing about Black beast after his debut, he came close so why not?
<Fedor23>

You also thought you could beat Chris Leben in a fight.
I think this is on the same level.

It's a comment that I threw out there while intoxicated

Considering I've boxed for 12+ years, trained under legitimate pro boxers and am just better, and Leben can't box for shit, it's not a crazy statement. I'd be more concerned against a decent amateur than anything Leben brings to the table

But we're on a karate forum full of nerds, any statement made like that deserves to be shit on so I'll accept it. Alcohol brings out the cocky so it is what it is

That said, I think Hardy has an insane amount of potential and his boxing has improved tremendously in a short period of time, he's training at The Mayweather gym, under the tutelage of King Mo, a really underrated mma mind and American top team. In the current landscape of the hw division and on his current trajectory, I think he has some potential to do big things. But like I said, I don't expect many to see it yet

I agree that he has a damn good shot at it, Ngannou is the main obstacle. Cormier is about to retire, Stipe is getting up there pushing 40 before we know it, and Blaydes, while very good, has shown that he struggles with the uber strong/powerful Hardy type fighter.

After that the division is either super old or very beatable. Maybe Bigi Boy as well but it's still too early to tell.

And it's not only because Hardy is athletic, he truly seems to be a natural fighter, which many athletes are not.

He reminds me of Mitrione in the stand up but way more willing to continue to learn and evolve than Matt, and is WAY more naturally talented in the wrestling aspect.

He's really fast for a HW and hits hard. That wouldnt be enough to even get ranked in the other divisions, but for HW it certainly is.

I don't see how he could beat Ngannou though.

No you dont TS. I think he is underrated here though. He has pretty fun fights, the last one stank because Ben decided to spam the same shitty punch the whole 15 minutes.

No doubt the dude has amazing gifts, his hands might be the fastest in the division and his power is no joke. Technique and experience are probably what holds him back. I saw him throw a combo that last fight, and I had to rewind that shit. He has incredibly fast hands, but the technique is seriously lacking. If he knew how to get inside and generate torque on his punches he could have put that dude away. But that takes experience, and being comfortable going inside knowing your likely gonna eat one. That willingness to commit is not something that is easily taught.
Last fight his boxing looked much better

I'll have to watch it again but I remember him moving well, managing distance well, fighting smart, popping his jab out there. It was like night and day compared with his earlier fights

He's with the Mayweather boxing gym, definitely in the right place to improve upon his technique / add to his raw talent and explosiveness.

if this means you will start to spam shit greg hardy threads instead of shit conor threads... that would be a bit more bearable.

Back