Conor vs Nate / Jorge winner is next.

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Conor said few years ago about "McGregor belt". Today he called Diaz vs Masvidal fight for interim BMF belt.

Whoever wins this one is a huge fight for Conor especially if Nate wins. Trilogy fight with Diaz is still the biggest fight for him.

UFC declined McGregor vs Edgar and rightfully so. Edgar is old, he is moving down to 135lb so 4 years too late for this fight. Edgar is not as huge PPV fight for Conor especially because they like each other actually.

Cowboy lost 2 in the row.

Gaethje is a very high risk fight for him and lower reward, cause people gonna say Alvarez and Poirier KOed him, Conor KOed Eddie and Dustin. Casuals will say things like this, but obviously Conor vs Gaethje is a perfect title eliminator.

Aldo moving down to 135lb as well.

Pettis lost to Diaz.

I don't think Conor will give Poirier a rematch.

Ferguson will fight Khabib next.

GSP only wants Khabib fight.

So Conor vs Diaz/Masvidal winner is next.

6227885A_D624_40DE_8528_AFFC54284818.1538908339.jpeg

Conor said few years ago about "McGregor belt". Today he called Diaz vs Masvidal fight for interim BMF belt.

Whoever wins this one is a huge fight for Conor especially if Nate wins. Trilogy fight with Diaz is still the biggest fight for him.

UFC declined McGregor vs Edgar and rightfully so. Edgar is old, he is moving down to 135lb so 4 years too late for this fight. Edgar is not as huge PPV fight for Conor especially because they like each other actually.

Gaethje is a very high risk fight for him and lower reward, cause people gonna say Alvarez and Poirier KOed him, Conor KOed Eddie and Dustin. Casuals will say things like this, but obviously Conor vs Gaethje is a perfect title eliminator.

Pettis lost to Diaz.

no he not conor is ducking cowboy for god sake. aldo not moving down only sherdog haters are saying that.

That's why the UFC isn't giving Conor a fight right now.

This dude needs to fight.... Gall or something.

That glass jaw rat isn’t qualified to compete for the BMF belt with 100% of his losses being via QUITTING.

<6>

I mean, who gives a fk about conor vs nate 3?
Mcgregor vs masvidal would be really good but i don't know, i have many doubts on conor accept this fight.

Pettis lost to Diaz.

Diaz and Masvidal are staying at WW, Conor is NOT a WW and has plenty of fights in his LW division

If I was the ufc I would make Conor/Gaethje. Conor doesn't have many fights left, gotta let him give the rub to someone with star potential like he did for Nate & Khabib.

I would also put Israel/Costa on that card as to build another big star, especially if Israel wins. It would cost a couple million in ppv points to Adesnaya but i would look at it as an investment.

Conor said first 18.1 against TBA (Cerrone/Gaethje) then Diaz/Masvidal winner and Khabib/Tony winner (his plan for 2020).

If it's true it has to be Gaethje.
Conor had opportunity to fight against Cowboy when he was on winning streak against Hernandez and Iaquinta.
Now he lost 2 in the row, another weight cut, another damage and he is not getting any younger.
McGregor declined Cowboy fight before so he should fight against the man who beat Cowboy couple month ago. Gaethje was supposed to fight Conor in summer, but Conor broke his hand. Justin Gaethje is no 1 contender, he KOed MJ, Vick, Barboza and Cerrone. But he lost against Poirier and Alvarez, fighters which Conor KOed.

It is certainly a maybe! As good or better a guess as any other.

Of 7 or 8 "who's Conor fighting next" scenarios, I find this one most likely, at maybe 20% chance.

I hope I'm wrong and that he fights Gaethje next. But I think that's on the wrong side of Conor's risk v reward bell curve. Much safer to fight at 170, and if he loses, so what, than fight a dangerous contender at LW.

Aldo moving down to 135 in hopes of Conor calling him out.

Aldo playing chess, not checkers. Brilliant.

I'm not saying I agree with it but Masvidal/Nate winner probably gets the next WW Title shot.

I mean, who gives a fk about conor vs nate 3?
Mcgregor vs masvidal would be really good but i don't know, i have many doubts on conor accept this fight.
A ton of casuals which is what the Ufc cares about. Ufc does not Care about nerds on sherdog who want to see the fight that makes sense in terms of ranking skill or anything like that.

It's either cowboy or Nate if he wins.

Jorge and Gaethje are two very hard matchups and he's running out of options that he can pick.

We'll see in the next months when an ACTUAL ANNOUNCEMENT happens. Mcg can say whatever about January 18 but until a real announcement, it's just smoke to stay relevant; spending money in fake press conferences won't increase mcg's stock, fighting will.

Then I'm rooting for Masvidal. Fuck Conor vs Nate! Who wants to see that for the third time?

Back