Masvidal vs Nate, detailed analysis, normal attention span

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
Masvidal is the much better striker.
Both have iron chin.
Nate has better cardio.
Nate can activate zombie mode and just absorb unlimited damage. In zombie mode he can eat the three piece and the soda and ask Masvidal for a desert. If Mazzy has no desert, he is in trouble.

So who wins this?

giphy.gif

Masvidal has 66.7% of winning this. Either via TKO in the first 3 rounds or 48:47 UD.

I got Nate by 4th round submission, after getting beat up early.

In zombie mode he can eat the three piece and the soda and ask Masvidal for a desert
I don't know about that. I think if Nate eats that three piece and soda, Masvidal will have seconds and thirds waiting for him which will force nate to wanna take it to the ground.

I don't know about that. I think if Nate eats that three piece and soda, Masvidal will have seconds and thirds waiting for him which will force nate to wanna take it to the ground.

When was the last time Nate completed a td?

While boxing = I = mma striking, Nate (and Nick) have been praised pretty highly for their boxing from none other than Andre Ward.
Nate does absorb a lot of strikes though, but one shouldn't be fooled into thinking he's not a capable striker/boxer, just because he looks "sloppy".

I like both fighters, maybe slightly favoring Gamebred. I think that, even though he was the the technical edge, it is still a dangerous fight for Masvidal.

He can strike and move, he has a full Muay Thai arsenal of kicks and knees and most importantly, he has the one thing that can alleviate that Diaz pressure: excellent wrestling and grappling ability (the lack of this dimension is what made Nate a hellish matchup for Conor). Still, Nate has underrated boxing and clinch work. Masvidal has to be at his best to win.

So detailed analysis is actually not analysis at all.

<{anton}>

Never change, Sherdog.

In his last fight, the one before that and the one before that lol.
He didn't in his first gregor fight, gregor panik rassled, nate didn't take him down.

I can't recall how he took Antony Quitter down, remind me please.

Nate can activate zombie mode and just absorb unlimited damage. In zombie mode he can eat the three piece and the soda and ask Masvidal for a desert. If Mazzy has no desert, he is in trouble.

poetry

<{1-12}>

Like shiet. I want to favor Jorge, but I can't forget all his split decision losses. If he plans on taking it easy for a few rounds against Diaz he's f*cked

It's Masvidal's fight to lose.

I'm afraid that Masvidal reverts back to old Masvidal and loses a close bout unscathed.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they both leave quite scathed and me thoroughly entertained.

Last edited:
Tell me what round it ends and I could probably pick the winner.

1st Masvidal
2nd Masvidal
3rd Diaz
4th Diaz
5th Diaz
Decision Diaz

Masvidal is the much better striker.
Both have iron chin.
Nate has better cardio.

So who wins this?

giphy.gif

Masvidal has 66.7% of winning this. Either via TKO in the first 3 rounds or 48:47 UD.

Nate's cardio looked liked its regressed since his last fight, and he gassed a bit in the 2nd Conrad fight.

Nate has the edge in submissions but that's about it, I favor Masvidal in the overall striking, wrestling, and cardio

Nate's cardio looked liked its regressed since his last fight, and he gassed a bit in the 2nd Conrad fight.

Nate has the edge in submissions but that's about it, I favor Masvidal in the overall striking, wrestling, and cardio

SO far Mazzy is the favorite.

He didn't in his first gregor fight, gregor panik rassled, nate didn't take him down.

I can't recall how he took Antony Quitter down, remind me please.
I don't remember either but it's listed on UFC stats, I'll have to rewatch it. As for the first Conor fight he took him down in rd 1 even though Conor quickly reversed it.

Back