Kicking a Fighter When He's Down (Chael Schools Jon)

When is it okay to kick a fighter when he's down (after fight loss)?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“It was a scumbag move by Jon,” Sonnen said. “A scumbag move to go after Weidman after Weidman got knocked out. Chris Weidman stepped forward into a weight division with the biggest name in the weight class, taking a risk and went after Jon Jones. That would’ve been a very helpful thing for a guy like Jon Jones, who is the longest-sitting champion in the history of my memory, healthy and licensed with no opponent. Jon’s in a terrible spot, it’s humiliating. Weidman’s willing to help him out.”

“Weidman would’ve fit that bill,” Sonnen continued. “Weidman would’ve sold a lot of tickets for him. Weidman would’ve helped him on the bat. Weidman would’ve been great for business. Weidman took a risk. Weidman tried; Weidman failed. Jon teased him. Never ever kick a man when he’s down. I don’t get along with Jon Jones. I’ve never said a word about Jon Jones when he’s been down and that has been recently and that has been often.

“I am coming after Jon now. Jon is the champion of the world. He can take it. Before any of you guys think, ‘Oh, you need to defend Jon or Chael’s doing something,’ Jon can take what I’m giving to him. But if Jon was down, I don’t say a word. And I don’t think any of you should either.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/chael-sonnen-scolds-jon-jones-scumbag-move-taunt-chris-weidman/

To be fair, Chris has been down for quite some time now.

Sticks and stones. These guys get CTE for a living.

I put rarely because people like conor and and ronda (and when the times comes jones) totally deserve it for being scum bags. But most the time I would say its wrong, especially if the only thing they did to you was call you out for a fight, I mean come on, this is mma, there has to be fights and people getting called out. These guys train their asses off and it's not just physically exhausting but mentally as well so kicking a guy while he is down after losing an important fight is pretty low.

I put rarely because people like conor and and ronda (and when the times comes jones) totally deserve it for being scum bags. But most the time I would say its wrong, especially if the only thing they did to you was call you out for a fight, I mean come on, this is mma, there has to be fights and people getting called out. These guys train their asses off and it's not just physically exhausting but mentally as well so kicking a guy while he is down after losing an important fight is pretty low.
Putting Ronda in a category with Jones and Conor....guys with crimes under their belt is uncalled for.
What's Rondas biggest crime... being egotistical and delusional? She paid for that with those two losses.

Only scumbags kick a fighter when they're down. Champions should challenge those at their best, not prey on those who've recently lost.

Jon being a dick.

Jon is being Jon. Some like him because of it. Some like him in spite of it. Some don't like him because or regardless of him being a dick. But there is absolutely nothing new here. Jon is just being Jon.

Seriously. There is some debate as to whether Colby is putting on an act or not, but from everything I can gather after watching Jones for almost 10 years, there is no act. Jon is just Jon.

Last edited:
To me, it’s in poor taste to kick a fighter when they’re down except in cases where the fighter has engaged in unrelenting trash talk and got their comeuppance. They’re just asking for ridicule in those instances.

Wanderlai Bless
giphy.gif

Chael makes sounds with his mouth for a living. He'll make whatever sound he feels necessary to stay relevant. I tried listening to one of his "explanations" before and it was just a performance of the obvious or some controversial spin to get views, all dressed up in a Chael Sonnen monologue.

"I'm calling out beatable Jon Jones. I'm coming princess."

tumblr_pu94md6CTB1rofocqo1_500.gifv

"I'm a bad matchup for Jones. I'll end his era like I did Anderson's."

BlackWeeklyHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Nobody's blaming them for angling for a quick title shot but if you're going to talk big then you're going to eat big crow.

"I'm calling out beatable Jon Jones. I'm coming princess."

tumblr_pu94md6CTB1rofocqo1_500.gifv

"I'm a bad matchup for Jones. I'll end his era like I did Anderson's."

BlackWeeklyHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Nobody's blaming them for angling for a quick title shot but if you're going to talk big then you're going to eat big crow.

Who talked big? Lmfao sounds like your just mad your guy lost.

Chael makes sounds with his mouth for a living. He'll make whatever sound he feels necessary to stay relevant. I tried listening to one of his "explanations" before and it was just a performance of the obvious or some controversial spin to get views, all dressed up in a Chael Sonnen monologue.
Is it a performance? Or is he just being himself?

I've seen no evidence that it's a performance. I have seen evidence that he's just being himself (specifically, acting all nice on camera and then when the commercial started, he called DC a pussy, which of course leaked). It's debatable that he is so fucking cunning and sly that he knew the camera was still on and would leak....I don't believe it, but it's debatable.

Putting Ronda in a category with Jones and Conor....guys with crimes under their belt is uncalled for.
What's Rondas biggest crime... being egotistical and delusional? She paid for that with those two losses.
I can understand making poor decision while on drugs but treating people like shit all the time to me is a way bigger sign about someones character.

I've seen no evidence that it's a performance. I have seen evidence that he's just being himself (specifically, acting all nice on camera and then when the commercial started, he called DC a pussy, which of course leaked). It's debatable that he is so fucking cunning and sly that he knew the camera was still on and would leak....I don't believe it, but it's debatable.
I'm saying chael puts on performances with his videos but

I'm saying chael is putting on a performance in his videos which dont have much depth or content at all. People like it because Chael is charismatic

I'm saying chael is putting on a performance in his videos which dont have much depth or content at all. People like it because Chael is charismatic
Ah. I thought you were saying Jones is putting on a performance.

Yes, Chael just says anything he can to get views/press/clicks/likes/dislikes.

I guess sherdog isn't for pride rules....too bad. So much for freedom of speech you pussies. #supernecessary
I'm surprised more goons weren't seriously fucked up from that stuff.

Back