JDS and his nasty leg infection! [IMG]

DaviVasco

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For people thinking JDS would pull a "staph infection" excuse like Hendricks did before, this one is really a serious infection.

whatsapp-image-2019-10-22-at-20.05.41.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2019-10-22-at-20.07.30.jpeg

nasty infection, started as a 'pimple" and progressed to diffuse cellulitis within a day. He was hospitalized, taken to OR 3 times for debridement (carving out dead tissue) and drain placement.

Speedy recovery JDS!

https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...onada-que-o-tirou-de-luta-no-ufc-moscou.ghtml

For people thinking JDS would pull a "staph infection" excuse like Hendricks did before, this one is really a serious infection.

nasty infection, started as a 'pimple" and progressed to diffuse cellulitis within a day. He was hospitalized, taken to OR 3 times for debridement (carving out dead tissue) and drain placement.

Speedy recovery JDS!

https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...onada-que-o-tirou-de-luta-no-ufc-moscou.ghtml

He probably scratched this pimple and did this to himself.

How it's possible to let it go so far?

According to him, it just spread really quick within a day. He tried ice and motrim, but next day he woke up and he could not walk due to significant pain and swelling

According to him, it just spread really quick within a day. He tried ice and motrim, but next day he woke up and he could not walk due to significant pain and swelling

these mma gyms must be swarmed with tons of bacteria, got injured dunno how many times in my life, never got infection.

Where do these fighters train? All the gyms I've ever trained at have a vigorous cleaning regime. 1:20 bleach to water in a mop bucket and mop all the matting and entryway after every session. It takes 5 minutes.

The only time I came close to a bad infection was when I stupidly shaved my face before training. Turns out you open up thousands of tiny cuts when you shave, and the sweat from 10+ other people mixed in with whatever bacteria they were carrying gave me a mild infection that needed antibiotics.

Staph needs some pretty putrid environments to grow. You're either training in a dirty gym, you don't shower properly between sessions, or you're training with an open wound. Maybe a mix of those three. A hundred years ago and this sort of training infection would have killed JDS. Staph is no joke, but relatively easy to avoid if you practice good hygiene, mop your mats with bleach after every session, and tape up any open wounds.

Can you imagine getting staph infection on your face. I never heard of it happening to a mma fighter, but i am sure its possible.

Bisquick and Coca-Cola would have cleared that up right quick.

Speedy recovery JDS!

Just went through the same thing. Could barely get out of bed hurt so bad to walk on. Finally went to thr hospital amd was on IV's for a week

Staph can spread quick, I've had MRSA and it took less then 24 hours for it to be the size of a penny to the size of a grapefruit with flesh looking black af already in the center.

Poor guy and bad luck hope he gets better that's a nasty wound

Holy crap thats like a brown recluse spider bite. Get well bro

MRSA is the number one reason why I haven't started training MMA. Even though I really want to. I have the money and time to go through a simulated fight camp, but these staph infections are keeping me far away from unhygienic sweaty men in the gym.

The pain becomes so ridic even with IV narcs.
And it happens so fast, youd be surprised. I ended up septic within a few days after initial treatment.... Which made me spend months in hospital after. Infection on metal in my back as well which had to be removed.
Never underestimate how fast things can happen... And get help ASAP and don't try and wait it out... Only ends up worse.

Last edited:
Back