Is Dana punishing Hardy by having him fight Volkov?

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, the hype train was derailed after the sosoli fight (even earlier in my opinion when he got DQd with that knee) but now it's going off the tracks and probably to Bellator.

No kidding. This is a great fight and will prove to the huggers that their boy isnt what they thought. Volkov will destroy this man. All the ppl that have been calling Hardy A level will soon be backtracking and make a new definition for an A level athlete (they already are after using his breathing apparatus during the last fight because his lungs shriveled up).

Cant wait for this one. Please comment for future shaming if you think Greg is "A level" or going to win this.

This gonna be good.

Dont get me wrong, the hype train was derailed after the sosoli fight (even earlier in my opinion when he got DQd with that knee) but now it's going off the tracks a d probably to Bellator.

No kidding. This is a great fight and will prove to the huggers that their boy isnt what they thought. Volkov will destroy this man. All the ppl that have been calling Hardy A level will soon be backtracking and make a new definition for an A level athlete (they already are after using his breathing apparatus during the last fight because his lungs shriveled up).

Cant wait for this one. Please comment for future shaming if you think Greg is "A level" or going to win this.

This gonna be good.
Not saying hardy will win, but you seem awful confident about a heavyweight fight where any 1 shot can end it for either guy.

Especially when Volkov got knocked out in his last fight.

Not saying hardy will win, but you seem awful confident about a heavyweight fight where any 1 shot can end it for either guy.

That's always possible. Almost shit myself when black beast did it to him. When you analyze a fight you dont usually consider a hail mary knockout.

I was under the impression Hardy asked for this, not that he was "having" to fight Volkov. He probably thinks that it'll wash away the stench of the whole Inhalergate business. Let's hope it'll be as disastrous a move as Bisping agreeing to sub in for the Gastelum fight so soon after losing the belt.

Yes and No. Its pushing him into the big leagues faster than normal. Sink or swim. Its time. Can Crushing cans end finally. Its time for him to step up.

It sounded like Hardy asked for the fight and the Goof obliged.

Dont get me wrong, the hype train was derailed after the sosoli fight (even earlier in my opinion when he got DQd with that knee) but now it's going off the tracks and probably to Bellator.

This gonna be good.
He thinks Volkov is one of the most winnable fights at the top for him. He's banking on it.

>Volkov

FrightenedVioletEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

He is A level in that he just started training MMA and is knocking guys out left and right in the UFC. Knocking out guys who trained their whole life while this guy only been doing it for a few months.

Also, technical fighters usually have a problem with wild unorthodox fighters.

Volkov is the far superior fighter,Hardy will be dangerous in the first round.

Volkov is going to land on him early on. Im interested in seeing how Hardy responds. Maybe he will rise to the occasion who knows. That or he turtles up.

Volkov is a bad dude. This will be a real test for Hardy to see what he is made of.

Gotta respect Hardy for taking this fight. He is still new in the game and jumps right in on short notice vs a veteran in the game.

Volkov the favorite in this one, but he is hitable, and i don't see him being as fast or athletic as Hardy. Hardy deffo got a shot in this one - Volkov clearly the fave though.

Wait, this fight is confirmed?!

Yes https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27903715/greg-hardy-replace-junior-dos-santos-november-card

As for TS's point on Hardy being punished with this fight, as other people have said it seems like he wants it. It's a great way for him to get right back on the grind after what happened in his last fight. It's a big risk, but it's a win-win. If he loses, he took a big leap up in competition on short notice and will be called courageous for it - and rightfully so. If he wins, he jumps up in the rankings and will be considered a legit force in the division.

he is 100 per cent protecting volkov from ngannou that's for sure ... imagine the scene, main event in moscow, ngannou KO the russian into oblivion in the 1st round, not good for business ...
no, Dana doesn't care about Volkov.
Same as he didn't care about Gus when he set him up vs Rumble in sweden

Yeah and the fact the UFC said “ yes “ on such short notice and after his last tough fight says to me, Danas ready to take kid gloves off .

Well lets see what happens, big test for Hardy, he probably wants the step up.

Depends on if he's able to use his inhaler or not

Back