NGannou wants to fight Volkov in Moscow

Rompenubes

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Francis Ngannou twitted three hours ago he wants to fight Volkov in 18 days, Francis by KO

Poor Francis. Can't get a damned fight to save his life. Oh well, time to drop down to 205...

Yes that's a joke.

I think everyone but Volkov wants that fight to happen.

I'm surprised Ngannou seems keen on what seems to me like a high risk almost no reward type of fight. Maybe he figures they'll meet eventually at some point and wants to get it out of the way now.

I have a feeling Ngannou will fight a couple more times before he gets the next shot. Odds are he KO's Volkov in like 1 minute and then fights the winner of Overeem/Harris. Lol by the time he faces (and beats) Stipe, he'll have no contenders to face due to having already destroyed them all on the path to the title shot.

Damn, I didn't even realize that Volkov's last fight was against Lewis where he got KO'd.... He's been out over a year and is about to get Ngannou on his first fight back after a brutal knockout loss. If he takes this fight, massive props to him.

I'm surprised Ngannou seems keen on what seems to me like a high risk almost no reward type of fight. Maybe he figures they'll meet eventually at some point and wants to get it out of the way now.

Indeed, I mean I'd pick Francis to win but Volkov is the kind of guy who could be a danger, his natural game is generally to pick away from range so if he does survive a couple of rounds and Ngannou gasses an upset could be possible.

Probably not a good fight for Volkov's health but career wise its an obvious opportunity, he wins and he almost certainly gets the next title shot.

Not sure Volkov is keen on being KTFO'd infront of his home crowd...

But if he turns this down he'll look like a bitch

It's either that or waiting for almost a year to get a top match-up, Ngannou is making the right decision here. Also if he wins in spectacular fashion, it will make his claim for a title shot even stronger.

Back