Better kicker, Edson Barboza or Yair Rodriguez?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Who is the better kicker, and why?

Wanderlai gets my vote
FvIUDyn.gif

wanderlei_kos_rampage.gif

edson. yair throws flashy shit that doesnt land while edson kills your legs with leg kicks

Hard to say. They have different kicking technique. Edson kicks Muay Thai style and Yair kicks TKD/Karate style. Both are highly effective and are lighting fools up.

Yair is Taekwondo base...he's the better kicker...there are just different levels though...

Edson.

Yair is more of a volume kicker, while Edson will try to finish you with every kick he throws.

Jones is a better kicker than both

May not be as powerful P4P or as fast, but he has a wider array of kicks and uses them better in an MMA context.

Edson's kicks seem a bit sharper, and seem to carry more power so I'll give him the nod.

Depends Yair propably is more diverse but flashy stuff is only that effective against trained opponents.
Edson has more power and low kicks are the shit.

Yair has better creativity and volume. KO power is there too.

Edson can chop your legs in half. He is much more loaded for power with less volume.

I prefer Yair. Better combos with kicks. Edson is actually kinda boring.

Edson by miles. They are only 1 weight class apart, but based on the power you would think Barboza is much bigger then he is. Not to mention that he just as fast as Yair despite being bigger.

Barboza also has better staying power. He was still able to land that hook kick on kevin lee despite being half dead. I doubt Yair could do anything like that.

Once Yair lands something even remotely close to what Edson did on Etim we can discuss this further.

Edson has over a half dozen wins via KO/TKO as a result of his kicking game. Yair is at 2.

Totally different styles in their approach. Edson is very reliant on his kicking game while Yair has much better hands and a generally more diverse arsenal of offense.

Edsons power is brutal. Yair got some flashy shit that is effective, but Edson chops trees with those leg kicks.

Back