Conor McGregor is MMAs Mike Tyson

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Now before everyone gets pissy, im not saying hes on the level of Tyson. Mike was the youngest HW champ ever and actually stayed on top for a while..

But theres ALOT of things they have in common.

Love or hate Conor, hes got some really impressive power which is half the reason he got so popular. Tons of first round knockouts and very visually appealing style.

Both have rape charges against them

Both fighters once defeated suffered multiple defeats in the relative near future after the aura was gone and their weaknessses showed.

Both fighters had glaring weaknesses.

Both lack cardio

Both turned into shitheads when they got rich.

Both beat aging fighters to win gold.

Both are total assholes to their opponents.

But i bet you Conor wont be a big star for 30 years and retire with money

Here is my issue with the comparison

There are some similarities

But there is revisionist history on Tyson who a lot of people claim would just fold if you stood up to him. But in his losses to Douglas. Holyfield I and Lennox he took brutal brutal beatings and it took heavy punishment to get him out of there

Conor is a massive front runner. That’s the difference to me

If he fights Khabib again hes gonna bite his dick off

lol

tyson is famous for his early morning runs, has plenty of late finishes and wins in fights that went the distance

yr just making shit up pal, cut it out
Conor has decisions over Max and Nate two guys with elite cardio

His still sucks. Its his style he throws bombs and he doesnt maintain well. Same with Tyson. Yeah no shit he has some decent decisions but he was winning the early rounds in every fight he ever had. I actually cant recall a single loss where he lost round 1 but maybe you can humor me. Not including his losses post Lennox those were just a totally shot fighter.

Conor has decisions over Max and Nate two guys with elite cardio.
Max was not half the fighter he is now and still there were excuses made for him.

He resorted to turning his back and running away while sporadically fighting so that he would not get stopped again the 2nd time around and even then all he could muster was a majority decision the 2nd time against Nate.

These thinly veiled attempts to prop up Conor are getting annoying. He's not the man anymore, Khabib is, according to the pres himself.

I know it hurts.

And his power is vastly overrated - unless you're 145 and running in chin first (or eddie who gets dropped by pretty much everyone) that power is not all that - Floyd ate that shit like chopped liver. If the power was all that then he'd have at least offered a threat to floyd but even with an obvious size advantage he offered nothing to floyd in terms of danger not even that so called punching power.

These thinly veiled attempts to prop up Conor are getting annoying. He's not the man anymore, Khabib is, according to the pres himself.

I know it hurts.
I dont give a shit about Conor im a Diaz fan. Im just high and started thinking about the similarities between the two of them.

But Tyson had several belt defenses.

You don't turn into a shit head when you get lots of money, you already are a shit head before the money, just a more humble one........

Here is my issue with the comparison

There are some similarities

But there is revisionist history on Tyson who a lot of people claim would just fold if you stood up to him. But in his losses to Douglas. Holyfield I and Lennox he took brutal brutal beatings and it took heavy punishment to get him out of there

Conor is a massive front runner. That’s the difference to me

Conor came back down 0-1, almost 0-2 to Mendes to knock him out. He was getting ragdolled most of that fight

He found that 2nd wind against Nate after taking a beating in the 3rd to secure the 4th as well

He beat Max Holloway after suffering a torn ACL early in the fight.

He won a round against Khabib after being dominated and just went through a brutal 10-8 round where he got the shit kicked out of him (still the only round Khabib has officially dropped in UFC).

Conor isnt the best comeback fighter but he isnt a complete frontrunner like Overeem or something. Thats massively overblown.

Tony Tucker, Rudock and Bonecrusher are the only fights in Mikes career where he faced serious adversity/was hurt badly and overcame it to win, and those 3 were still heavily overmatched anyways.

They both did cocaine. Conor still does.

I dont give a shit about Conor im a Diaz fan. Im just high and started thinking about the similarities between the two of them.
Still one is a legend who destroyed bigger men and the other is a flash in the pan who picked on midgets.

Tyson was 45-1 before he started losing regularly. It's an insult to even mention them in the same breath, even if we're comparing the negative shit.

May as well compare Conor to Thiago Silva. Lots of fighters have downfalls and succumb to criminal lifestyles. They're fighters.

Still one is a legend who destroyed bigger men and the other is a flash in the pan who picked on midgets.

Tyson was 45-1 before he started losing regularly. It's an insult to even mention them in the same breath, even if we're comparing the negative shit.
Read the first and last sentence of my post.. lol. You hate Conor so bad you cant even ackowledge shit. Its pretty bizzare. And i am not even a Conor fan. Just shows you he riles up everyone just like Tyson did.

No one thinks Mike actually did it

Everyone thinks Conor did

Read the first and last sentence of my post.. lol. You hate Conor so bad you cant even ackowledge shit. Its pretty bizzare. And i am not even a Conor fan. Just shows you he riles up everyone just like Tyson did.
How about comparing him to War Machine?

And his power is vastly overrated - unless you're 145 and running in chin first (or eddie who gets dropped by pretty much everyone) that power is not all that - Floyd ate that shit like chopped liver. If the power was all that then he'd have at least offered a threat to floyd but even with an obvious size advantage he offered nothing to floyd in terms of danger not even that so called punching power.

Conrad didn't land much of anything on Floyd, Floyd's foot work and movement did the job but I do agree that Conrad's power is overrated in general, he's not a giant power puncher that smashes down his opponents defence, he has a good timed left and can play mind games.

Back