UFC 246 predictions:

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When? January 25th

Where? Anaheim, California

Why? Bellator has Cyborg's debut in Inglewood that night & I'm 100% sure Dana wants to stick to Cyborg & Bellator just like he tried a few years back with UFC 208, which was eventually moved to February. It was originally set in Anaheim to counter program Tito vs Chael taking place in Inglewood the same night.

They also countered Bellator in January 2 years ago w/ UFC 220, & they tried last year with UFC 233 which is still postponed I believe.

Who headlines? Not recovering champions Cejudo & Stipe. Israel & Khabib targeting March. Zhang & Shevy are not bigger enough to headline. Conor has many legal issues. Leaves Jones vs Reyes since Reyes took no damage vs Weidman. 13 weeks isnt that long of a turnaround, especially compared to Jones who fought Bader & Shogun within 6 weeks or so. Dana will tell him take the title shot now or wait an extra 15 months like Colby had to(ufc 229 to 245).

The card:
Jones vs Reyes
Zhang vs Rose
Romero vs Cannonier
Perry vs Price
Vera vs Font

The maincard probably wont come to fruition but I feel confident about the top 2 fights. Jones wants to fight, the UFC wants Zhang on a big American card, & Rose is training again. If Rose doesn't want it they may give her Shevy in a 125 superfight. Or maybe Marina Rodriguez who isn't ranked high but is coming off a dominant win vs Torres, which was good enough to get Zhang her shot.

I don't think they are going to make Jones vs Reyes yet, and Rose is not going to get a TS coming from a devasting KO.

That card is going to be wack.

Cyborg's fight is more interesting lol

The last two times they scheduled a January card in Anaheim they postponed/canceled it for lack of suitable big fights. And one of them was a counterprogram to a Bellator card too.

I don't think they are going to make Jones vs Reyes yet, and Rose is not going to get a TS coming from a devasting KO.

That card is going to be wack.

Cyborg's fight is more interesting lol
They were going to give her an immediate rematch. Now w/ Suarez & Joanna out with injuries (neck & broken foot) Rose is the best option. Like I said though, could be Shevchenko or Rodriguez.

Lol Cyborg vs Budd is not better than any fight on said hypothetical UFC card. Is that you, Scott Coker??

The last two times they scheduled a January card in Anaheim they postponed/canceled it for lack of suitable big fights. And one of them was a counterprogram to a Bellator card too.
3rd time is the charm

They were going to give her an immediate rematch. Now w/ Suarez & Joanna out with injuries (neck & broken foot) Rose is the best option. Like I said though, could be Shevchenko or Rodriguez.

Lol Cyborg vs Budd is not better than any fight on said hypothetical UFC card. Is that you, Scott Coker??
Joanna clearly said her foot is NOT broken.

Joanna clearly said her foot is NOT broken.
Oh word? When did she say this, I don't follow her that closely. All I know is her foot was a BALLOON.

Throw her in instead of Rose then, fine by me

Back