Why is everyone so harsh on Brendan Schaub's MMA career?

Fwaming Dwagon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's no prime Fedor or JDS but has some solid wins against Lavar Johnson, Gonzaga and Mitrione. Even beat Cro Cop (even though he was at his career low back then) overall 6-5 in UFC yet people are acting as if he's just as bad as Wes Sims. I think with some right adjustments he could have had more success. Thoughts?

Idk about his career, but I'm critical of him as a person for being a ladder climbing, kissass, hypocrite. AKA, fake.

He never did anything significant and is probably the least likeable character in the history of MMA

i don't mind his mma career, he's just a fucking idiot outside of mma

He never had any really notable wins. His looked bad vs old, damaged CroCop, and had to LnP Lavar.

Was annoying and a nu-breeder too.

Because he's an unlikable douchebag. If he were less of an unlikable douchebag people would be less hard on him.

He seems more like the "MMA Culture Vulture" which makes him very hated

"Legend killer"

I mean who would even want that title?

The hate obviously has nothing to do with his MMA career.

He was a decent HW. Definitely nowhere near champ level, but a better career than a hell of a lot of other guys. Good for him for finding success outside the octagon too.

He literally called out old faded fighters in an attempt to increase his stock in the division. He got his comeuppances in Brazil and people were thrilled to see it.

Hes just a dbag and that BJJ match he had, won him no fans

Last edited:
Because he called out past their prime fighters, and if he won, acted like they were in their peak form and he beat them at their best. Fuck him...
dBsAj.gif

He was interesting as a prospect but his level became apparent pretty quickly

I am a schaubinist. Like tens of millions others, I was enchanted when I first experienced the Great Schaub on TV. Schaubinism is the new order for millions of fans of this great man. From the legendary fighting career to the upper echelons of showbiz and media - this great man has conquered it all. Let the imbecils hate, while we others follow.

He literally called out old faded fighters in an attempt to increase his stock in the division. He got his comeuppances in Brazil and people were thrilled to see it.

So what? Every fighter wants to face big names. Tyson's entire highlight reel is old has-beens and cans. Just admit it, you hate him for the same reason I do...because he wears fucking skinny jeans, bleaches his hair blonde and carries himself like an entitled millenial bisexual goof.

Because he called out past their prime fighters, and if he won, acted like they were in their peak form and he beat them at their best. Fuck him...
dBsAj.gif

that was the best moment of Schaub's career. Getting KOd by Zombie Nog in Nog's first MMA fight ever in Brazil

was anyone on the planet pulling for Schaub in that fight?

his family was probably cheering for Big Nog

nog-celebrates-sylvia.gif

He had a respectable career but his losses we’re horrible but good for him to see the writing on the wall and find a new career

Not everyone gets to be champ

Outside of his personality during his post-fighting career, I remember being annoyed by him before his Big Nog fight because he was all talking about how he was "looking forward to adding another legend" to his record — super full of himself for beating up old Gonzaga and old Cro Cop.

To everyone's delight, Big Nog sent his soul to another dimension!

Because everyone on Sherdog would do better than him if they were in the UFC.

Back