Can Conor come back and become a top 3 fighter again?

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Do you think he has enough motivation and confidence to be the best again?

Conor-McGregor-1027591.jpg

No
As an EX Conor fan, I accept the fact that Conor is done.

Let me ask my magic 8ball
tenor.gif

A win against Gaethje or Poirier will make him top 5 again right off the bat. So yeah, he can beat many lws and jump right into the top 5 or even 3 again. BUT he is never becoming champ again.

Last edited:
I doubt it. I don’t think he has the motivation or dedication anymore. Also, I don’t think he, even at his best, is anything overly special at Lightweight and don’t think he can make Featherweight again, which is where he was at his best.

He's still ranked #3....

He will need to cut a ton of weight and fight smaller opposition. I just don’t see him beating the top guys at LW.

NOPE.

Too coked up, drunk and little training. Even a motivated and active Mcg will struggle with cardio, imagine him fighting TODAY with his body filled with cheap whiskey?

no

too much time off

doesnt take training as serious as when he was poor and hungry, regardless of what self motivational messages he posts on instagram

meanwhile the game passes him by, other fighters improving, etc. while Conor just ages

he doesnt fight more than 1 or 2 more times tops anyway

No. He was barely top 3 at FW due to opportune match ups and avoiding a lot of contenders. He was never a top 3 LW and certainly won't be now.

Never was a top three. Just a flash in the pan puppet of the UFC who tricked the morons and closeted homosexuals into believing his hype. Sad and embarrassing.

I think in terms of skill set, he could be a top contender. Properly motivated, I even think he could find a way to beat Khabib.

Having said that, I don't believe he has that proper motivation, and I think he will never again put in the work it takes to get to the next level.

So, to answer the question, "no".

Conor can come back at any time and be a champ at 145.

Sucks to say it but nobody knew that era of MMA had an expiration date. No way he comes back from wealth.

Back