When Bruce Buffer is no longer announcing fights, will he be missed for you?

Will you Miss Bruce Buffer when he's no longer announcing fights?

• Total voters

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, we have announcers who do the job fine however Bruce Buffer is the voice of the octagon, he's the guy we associate with the official announcements and his voice is so distinctive to this.

It's like Howard Finkel (the guy who came up with the name Wrestlemania) was the voice of the WWF which I know many fans of the WWF/WWE missed him once he was no longer announcing and it's not really been something that's been replaced as it's hard to replace such a distinctive and recognisable voice.

So how will you guys feel when Bruce Buffer is no longer announcing the fights? Will you miss the way he gears up and announces the fights or is this something that you're not really bothered about?

I thought it would be interesting to hear the different vibes here :)

No, I like the other guy better Bruce is douchey....

He will be missed the same girl ring girls will be missed.

There's always an announcer with a same but different voice, and there are always ring girls with same but different tits.

In the end, all that matters are the fighers.

I'll be glad when his annoying egotistical ass is gone

Bruce is over the top and a bit annoying. But he is part of the UFC and it will be weird without him.

Couldn't give shit lol, I will miss Dana though

Bruce is over the top and a bit annoying. But he is part of the UFC and it will be weird without him.

That's the thing ain't it, these distinctive voices are what you associate with the events, it's like it was the same for the WWF fans which I've seen and heard them say in hindsight so many times how it's missed because the rest of the announcers although are ok, they lack that distinctive voice which is recognisable and the enthusiasm too which is never replaced.

That's why brought him back for this, I remember there being a big thing about it at the time and CM Punk brought him back for this, listen to the crowd erupt.

Nah they’ll find someone better. These announcers are overrated.

Couldn't give shit lol, I will miss Dana though

You know what, a lot of people will say they won't but I bet they will if someone else is running it and possibly not doing a great job.

Unless of course we get someone amazing who can do this then great but that will be something that we'd have to see.

Not at all.

I find it hilarious that every time there is any kind of unusual scoring, Buffer has to suddenly and dramatically leave the cage and ask for help. That is after 20+ years of doing it. The guy sucks at his simple job, fans have just become use to him.

They'll do the same thing they did with Goldie and bring in someone who sounds identical.

Buffer is a creep and his voice is awful

But he's been around so long that I imagine it will be a bit strange when he's gone

Remember when they wanted to change face the pain? Some things are meant to stay the same forever

Only the voice though. I could live without having to look at him. But I'd definitely miss him announcing for sure.

They'll do the same thing they did with Goldie and bring in someone who sounds identical.
Who sounds like Goldie? Don't say Jon Anik!

Also, missed opportunity to say "virtually identical"

The UFC has been pretty loyal to their original production team. When that consistency is interrupted, you notice. Personally, I prefer Joe Martinez to Buffer, but when Buffer is gone I'll miss him. I can get nostalgic and moody like that.

Back