Helwani's Show is dying.

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The last weeks have been very disappointing.

Today:

tenor.gif

UFC is dead.. so you bet your ass Helwani show is dying

I swear Tyson Fury is on every talk show and entertainment gig nowadays

The fuck are you talking about? Dillon Danis is in there.

Looks like a good guest list, the fuck are you talking about?

Looks like a good guest list, the fuck are you talking about?
Two chicks
Someones grandpa that goes by a nickname
Lauzon is pro-Reebok
Price is great to watch not sure if he's great on the mic
Reyes beat a nobody
Fury is boxing

Complaining about nothing.

Ariel is the only thing on "espn" i watch. Their MMA coverage without him is dogshit.

Looks like a lot of people in recent MMA news

its been shit for a while too I noticed. Stopped watching around the time he switched up the wed postcast from a group of 3 to one on one interviews, whcih actaully killed that hope mmar reporters podcast for me. He's not as into it anymore

I know people still watch/listen to Helwani's shows but I stopped a while ago. It's nothing but interviews and then a Q &A, unless things have changed since he moved to ESPN. Not that there can't be value in interviews, but if anything important happens you can just watch a clip on youtube or whatever and be caught up.

I don't mind his live interviews at events and whatnot, but the show is just him pitching softball questions with an occasional "gotcha" curveball designed to start unneeded beef or produce a clickbait headline. I'll watch an interview if it's someone I'm interested in, but I can't remember the last time I watched the whole show, much less caught it live.

Yeah that's not the best line up, pretty weak to be honest BUT in regards to Ariel's show well I love it, specially when they have good guests of course but I do like to just chill and relax on a Monday evening with a nice hot drink and put it on my TV etc...

I wanted to see Cub on the show either before or after the Tampa event too and I'm also not keen on these people like HHH, Fury etc... being on there but I get it because it brings in a newer audience.

I mean how many WWE fans do you think are going to tune in tonight and quite possibly become MMA fans if HHH loves it, plus WWE and MMA fans have usually been a fan of both at some point too it's inevitable.

I don't think it's dying but I do think the guests have been a bit weak for the last couple of weeks or so.

I know people still watch/listen to Helwani's shows but I stopped a while ago. It's nothing but interviews and then a Q &A, unless things have changed since he moved to ESPN. Not that there can't be value in interviews, but if anything important happens you can just watch a clip on youtube or whatever and be caught up.

I don't mind his live interviews at events and whatnot, but the show is just him pitching softball questions with an occasional "gotcha" curveball designed to start unneeded beef or produce a clickbait headline. I'll watch an interview if it's someone I'm interested in, but I can't remember the last time I watched the whole show, much less caught it live.

I think this is fair enough :)

I wish Ariel would go back to being the mma/ufc newsbreaker rather than a podcast/interview guy.

Back