Interesting matchups for the Chris

Koloth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As it seems likely, the Chris will continue his fighting career for at least one more try.
Who would you like to see him match up against?

IMHO the time of facing high-ranking contenders has clearly passed - which means we're open to interesting fights, independent of the title shot picture.

Here's some I can come up with off the top of my head:

Stylistic interest category:
Chris Weidman vs. Paul Craig (@205)
Chris Weidman vs. Deron Winn (@185)

Interesting storyline/rematch category:
Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva III (@185, loser leaves town)
Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold II (@205, loser leaves town)
Chris Weidman vs. Uriah Hall II (@185)

The why-the-fuck-not-category:
Chris Weidman vs. Mauricio Rua (@205)

Any takers? (Can I get some mod to turn this into a poll?)

Rockhold at 205.

I do like the idea of him fighting shogun as well.

WeidGOAT vs Hunt in bare knuckle boxing please

if that's not possible because of contracts then feed him Crumble Johnson

Weidman vs Hunt in bare knuckle boxing please

Chosing the Bigfoot Silva route, I see. I think the Chris might be inclined to do just that.

WeidGOAT vs Hunt in bare knuckle boxing please

if that's not possible because of contracts then feed him Crumble Johnson
Not a bad comeback fight for Rumble if he is really serious about a 205 run.

Weidman vs. Rumble is one of the most mean-spirited ideas I've ever come across on Sherdog. And that's saying a lot.

Some good ideas, TS. These are my favorite options:

Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva III (@185)

The idea that he very well could be more shot than Shogun at this point blows my mind. What a rapid decline.

I would honestly like to see him back at 185 if he's going to continue to fight. I also believe he needs a step down in competition, against somebody who isn't very heavy handed.

Ian Heinisch would be cool.

As it seems likely, the Chris will continue his fighting career for at least one more try.
Who would you like to see him match up against?

IMHO the time of facing high-ranking contenders has clearly passed - which means we're open to interesting fights, independent of the title shot picture.

Here's some I can come up with off the top of my head:

Stylistic interest category:
Chris Weidman vs. Paul Craig (@205)
Chris Weidman vs. Deron Winn (@185)

Interesting storyline/rematch category:
Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva III (@185, loser leaves town)
Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold II (@205, loser leaves town)
Chris Weidman vs. Uriah Hall II (@185)

The why-the-fuck-not-category:

Any takers? (Can I get some mod to turn this into a poll?)
tenor.gif

Just give him a few easy fights and see if he has anything left which I think he does if he makes adjustments theres been plenty of fighters who revitalized their career with their chin shot

I find your MW proposals more sensible and interesting than the LHW matches. A Rockhold rematch carries some intrigue but given their shared success in the LHW division, I wonder what it does for the winner.

Let him fight Rockhold. Both of them fight once in every couple of years anyway. Oh and fuck losing streak MW's that come up and think they can fight for the title after one fight.

Misha Cirkunov? They can grapple the shit out of each others.

<Goldie11>

There are literally NO rematches for the Weidman that excite me.. So I will pass there.

If he wants to fight some rookies or low level guys that would be the only thing to keep him going.. Other than that, the guy is done. Dana is going to have the talk with him this week so I think we'll see how that goes but Chris is like one of those guys who doesn't seem like he accepts he's done so I think he might be kinda defiant in retirement talks so what Dana might have to do is just cut him to get him off the roster.

Dana is going to have the talk with him this week so I think we'll see how that goes but Chris is like one of those guys who doesn't seem like he accepts he's done so I think he might be kinda defiant in retirement talks so what Dana might have to do is just cut him to get him off the roster.

The Chris is a UFC-lifer, no way in hell they release him. He is lost. He'll go down the Diego Sanchez path.

Back