Media Mackenzie Dern reflects on first MMA loss at UFC Tampa: ‘It only makes me HUNGRIER’

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
“It only makes me hungrier to get back in there,” Dern told MMA Fighting on how it felt to lose. “You’re a bit worried when you’re undefeated, (thinking) ‘is this opponent a good fight for me,’ thinking about strategies and whatnot. And now, after you have your first loss, you just want to get in there and fight and take risks.

<6>

Not too long ago we were reading headlines like these:

UFC 224’s Mackenzie Dern ‘ashamed’ of failed weight cut, vows to change diet
UFC: Mackenzie Dern parted with $13050 to Amanda Cooper because of failed weight cut
MACKENZIE DERN WILL STAY AT STRAWWEIGHT DESPITE WEIGHT CUTTING STRUGGLES

Weight Issues Continue To Plague Mackenzie Dern's MMA Career

Oh the hungry Dern jokes one could make are too plentiful
<Baelish01>

“It only makes me hungrier to get back in there,” Dern told MMA Fighting on how it felt to lose. “You’re a bit worried when you’re undefeated, (thinking) ‘is this opponent a good fight for me,’ thinking about strategies and whatnot. And now, after you have your first loss, you just want to get in there and fight and take risks.

<6>

Not too long ago we were reading headlines like these:

UFC 224’s Mackenzie Dern ‘ashamed’ of failed weight cut, vows to change diet
UFC: Mackenzie Dern parted with $13050 to Amanda Cooper because of failed weight cut
MACKENZIE DERN WILL STAY AT STRAWWEIGHT DESPITE WEIGHT CUTTING STRUGGLES

Weight Issues Continue To Plague Mackenzie Dern's MMA Career

Ha ha.

Word.

Colby MAGA'd her fat ass.

Ribas made Dern look silly. Curious to see how she comes back from that.

Ribas made Dern look silly. Curious to see how she comes back from that.

Only BJJ and some basic striking is a bad foundation for MMA. Even Maia ,the BJJ god, had to include wrestling.

I`d say wrestling would also be her saviour if she has the talent and athletic ability for it (people underrate that you need very specific skills for wrestling to work in mma). I dont think she has the mind to really expand her skillset but we will see. Its WMMA in the end and by that not really important.

Hungrier?

I guess she'll be moving up in weight then, she's already overly hungry on a daily basis.

Colby pays top money to hoverhand inferior females
He has progressed beyond the hoverhand, get with the times you Colby hater.

1foJCPr.gif

Only BJJ and some basic striking is a bad foundation for MMA. Even Maia ,the BJJ god, had to include wrestling.

I`d say wrestling would also be her saviour if she has the talent and athletic ability for it (people underrate that you need very specific skills for wrestling to work in mma). I dont think she has the mind to really expand her skillset but we will see. Its WMMA in the end and by that not really important.

Yes if she doesn't expand her skills beyond where she is now then she won't go much further. I'm more curious about how she bounces back mentally. She seemed motivated and in good shape for this one, especially after just giving birth. If her plan is to just get back in there and take more risks then she's in for a rough ride against anyone decent.

Back