*Maia Vs Askren: Who's gonna win that grappling match?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Both guys got really poor striking and a good chin. Definitely there's not gonna be a KO. So, Askren's wrestling or Maia's BJJ?

How would this fight end? Boring decision?

27e0a053d68c249b87a96f7231dbd217.jpg

If Askren can’t beat Maia in 2019 then he should be cut.

Its probably gonna be boring. Askren wins if he doesnt get subbed because mma judging favors top control. And thats where he will be

Maia's fist is going to accidentally connect flush with Askren's chin and send him packing. He will even apologize to him for it.

Going with Askren because Wrestler's Overhand.
UntriedGroundedAcornbarnacle-size_restricted.gif

Plus Askren has some pretty nasty power!
ForsakenImmenseCoqui-size_restricted.gif

XzTGpNf.gif

maia will ko askren with a flying knee.

Askren, much better control on transitions and way better cardio.

Both guys got really poor striking and a good chin. Definitely there's not gonna be a KO. So, Askren's wrestling or Maia's BJJ?

How would this fight end? Boring decision?
Maia striking is lightyears ahead of Askren. I would not say "there is not going to be a KO/TKO". Its MMA anything is possible. That is what makes this potentially boring fight interesting. . . . we dont know what will happen :)

Askren is a better wrestler than Usman, and Colby so what do you think?
He's a far worse MMA wrestler than both and those guys only used their wrestling to keep it on the feet.

Askren is a lot worse striker than Maia so he'll be forced to take it to the ground, into Maia's comfort zone and get submitted.

I love Maia but I think Askren takes this one.

2012 Maia (the one who beat Fitch) wins. Current Maia is too old, slow and lacks the cardio.

He's a far worse MMA wrestler than both and those guys only used their wrestling to keep it on the feet.

Askren is a lot worse striker than Maia so he'll be forced to take it to the ground, into Maia's comfort zone and get submitted.
When it was the last time got a sub from guard?

Askren is a way better wrestler than Colby, who fails to hold his opponents down.

If Askren last longer than 5 seconds again, you can consider me impressed.

Maia loses to every top level wrestler he faces, plus he's old as fuck. I truly want him to knock Askren out, but I think they're giving Ben this fight to get him a real win over a real competitor.

Back