The narrative that GSP looked slow, gassed and past it against Bisping

TheLastStyleBender

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not only did he win the middleweight title by TKO, but he did so with an extra 15 pounds of body mass. With all that extra weight on his frame why would expect him not to gas faster and look slower?

GSP was lucky to land that left hook. GSP was gassing and starting to get picked apart on the feet. Ping was also slicing him up off his back. Good fight

Anderson Silva in his prime would've been a nightmare match up for him. The spider was great off his back and was a much better striker than anyone GSP has fought.

I love how people discredit Champion Bisping who beat Spider Silva , Rockhold and Hendo before this fight. St Pierre proved he is the GOAT Champ Champ and could add the other Champ if Dana wasn't scared of him riding off into the sunset and killing his cash cow.

I don't know what your point is
Yes he won a fight but didn't look great in doing so
Not the first and won't be the last

Not only did he win the middleweight title by TKO

A Rear Naked TKO?

{<huh}

Georges-St-Pierre-chokes-Michael-Bisping-875623.jpg

GSP's own coach Freddie Roach admitted that he was tired. He would never be able to maintain his traditional pace under USADA.

i hope gsp doesn't come back, couldn't ask for a better career

I’d agree ....but I believe Gsp wasn’t in prime form against Condit , Diaz and Hendricks either....Gsp not what he once was, but style wise he likely has enough left to give Khabib - Tony winner a competitive fight

What are you trying to say?

Yes, he carried extra weight and looked a bit slower. He was also a bit rusty as one would expect.

Not only did he win the middleweight title by TKO, but he did so with an extra 15 pounds of body mass. With all that extra weight on his frame why would expect him not to gas faster and look slower?

That narrative mostly disappeared because he got the win on Bisping. Had he lost then it would have been very different, it was like people forgot that Bisping was IMO getting the better of him on the feet and even off his back prior to getting tagged.

People would be dumping on GSP and calling him over the hill had he lost that fight, but the context of the fight changed based on the last sequence.

Bisping is just that good that he even makes it look troublesome for the man people call the goat.

GSP had been out for 4 years and was fighting heavier than ever before. Oh, and he's also 38. No shame in admitting that he was gassed but fought through it for the W. No shame in admitting he'd have trouble competing against the monsters at middleweight. He assessed his capabilities and he did what he could do.

GSP goat.

GSP > Khabib...anytime, anywhere, any weight.

It was a rear naked choke you weirdo

I mean,he WAS tired. He been gone for a LONG time at a weight he wasnt used to be. Id be surprised if he WASNT tired.

GSP was lucky to land that left hook. GSP was gassing and starting to get picked apart on the feet. Ping was also slicing him up off his back. Good fight
That wasn't luck, he trained hard with Freddie Roach for that left hook and he listened to his advice:
"He was countering my overhand with his right hand," St-Pierre said on a conference call Wednesday. "So Freddie told me in the corner, 'When he throws his right hand, throw a cross and follow with a left hook,' and that's why I dropped him."
https://www.thescore.com/mma/news/1417851

People like to put down Bisping, but he is a legit kick boxer. Getting tagged by Mike on the feet is not a lack of the guy getting tagged its the skill that Bisping brings.
Bisping has the experience, in 1994 he fought in Britians first no holds barred competition. Just a year after the UFC was formed Mike was already fighting.

Bisping beat silva... Sorry silva fans

HE TRIED TO PUT ON WEIGHT FOR THE FIGHT AND FAILED
HE fought bisping at the same weight he fought his 170 bouts at
he was just older and slower, but he had the easiest opponent since serra

Back