Should Weidman be cut from the roster???

Should Weidman be cut from the roster?

• Total voters

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The guy is 1-5 in his last 6 fights, his only win being a comeback submission over Kelvin Gassedtelum after taking damage early in the fight.

I get the guy is a former UFC Champion but his losses have been BRUTAL.

At what point does the UFC cut this dude or FORCE him to retire ala Joe Louzon for his own good?

usa-today-8994113.0.jpg

dsc_7430.jpg

gegard-mousasi-chris-weidman-ufc-210.jpg

KO.gif

960.jpg

He can be a gatekeeper
But no top 5 anymore

He has the dumbest trainers/manager ; all he needs is a step down in competition. Look who he lost to; mousasi, Romero, Rockhold; Reyes

Dumb matchups

And he also got dropped against Gastelum, LOL.

<DCrying>
In a way, it all started with that fancy spinning kick against Rockhold...

He only loses to top end guys

It's not like middling burnt out former prospects are beating the brakes off him

Whatever Chris does, he needs a break before he continues fighting.

Give him someone at LHW in the 15-20 range after a little layoff. He needs a step down. If he loses that he needs to retire

what happened with Lauzon? I missed that. UFC asked him to retire?

No. He deserves at least one more fight. It's not like he's losing to scrubs.

He can be a gatekeeper
But no top 5 anymore

Even gatekeepers aren’t getting BRUTALIZED like the levels Weidman is approaching... Barboza is walking CTE and even he’s not taking the amount of KOs Weidman is.

Weidman is approaching James Vick levels of CTE!

“Comeback” against kelvin lol. He was easily winning the fight.

nah don’t cut him. Just stop giving him top 5 guys for a while

I hope he isn't. Watching him getting brutally KOd is always good fun.

He's definitely lost it. Not only is his chin physically gone, he just doesn't look like he wants it anymore. He should retire for sure.

He should, but its his call.

Book Weidman vs. Smith just cuz it's LHW and they all suck lol. Teh Chris can outwrassle him in a 3-rounder.

He only loses to top end guys

It's not like middling burnt out former prospects are beating the brakes off him

We don’t know where he stands any more unless he fights guys ranked around #15.
I’m not sure he still wins against those guys.

We don’t know where he stands any more unless he fights guys ranked around #15.
I’m not sure he still wins against those guys.
Yeah i agree he should be matched up certain ways....he can't be facing guys who are 1 or 2 wins from holding a title at this point

There's still value in gatekeepers if used correctly though....and gatekeeper is too often used as an insult.

He has the dumbest trainers/manager ; all he needs is a step down in competition. Look who he lost to; mousasi, Romero, Rockhold; Reyes

Dumb matchups
The problem is that Weidman is handsomely compensated, so I'm sure the UFC doesn't want to pay a prelim fighter main event money.

Let him go out with an easy win over Anderson

Back