UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. Askren rating?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This fight card looks quite weak on paper, but there are some good fights on this fight-card featuring some decent prospects.

Maia vs. Askren is a pretty good fight, but I don't really want to see Maia and his cardio in a five-round main event.

Salikhov 'the King of Kung Fu' should produce another knockout win here, and is always fun to watch.

Cyril Gane is a promising heavyweight prospect.

Johnson vs. Ray is a great fight at LW

Dariush is always fun

White vs. Fiziev is underrated, White doesn't have the best of chins and Fiziev is one of the better strikers at LW right now.

Barzola vs. Evloev is a nice fight - good test for one of the best prospects in the UFC: Movsar Evloev

Pavlovich vs. Greene should end in a brutal finish (hopefully with Pavlovich getting his hand raised).

Lookbonmee vs. Albu is.. interesting? A high level (real - not kickboxing disguised as Muay Thai) Muay Thai fighter vs.. one of the only UFC fighters who will pull guard without IQ.. Albu isn't so smart

I would give this a solid 7/10? I am most looking forward to see Evloev return; Fiziev to win; Johnson vs. Ray and Dariush.

7/10? Youre a generous fan. Card is meh at best to me personally. Main-event looks interesting (has to be grappling heavy tho). Salikhov is a hightlight machine, rest is aight.

Only really looking forward to the main event tbh

maia/askren is going to be a shitshow unless maia fucks him up on the feet like he did in the first round against colby

Askren vs Maia could easily be the most boring main event of 2019.

This fight card looks quite weak on paper, but there are some good fights on this fight-card featuring some decent prospects.

Maia vs. Askren is a pretty good fight, but I don't really want to see Maia and his cardio in a five-round main event.

Salikhov 'the King of Kung Fu' should produce another knockout win here, and is always fun to watch.

Cyril Gane is a promising heavyweight prospect.

Johnson vs. Ray is a great fight at LW

Dariush is always fun

White vs. Fiziev is underrated, White doesn't have the best of chins and Fiziev is one of the better strikers at LW right now.

Barzola vs. Evloev is a nice fight - good test for one of the best prospects in the UFC: Movsar Evloev

Pavlovich vs. Greene should end in a brutal finish (hopefully with Pavlovich getting his hand raised).

Lookbonmee vs. Albu is.. interesting? A high level (real - not kickboxing disguised as Muay Thai) Muay Thai fighter vs.. one of the only UFC fighters who will pull guard without IQ.. Albu isn't so smart

I would give this a solid 7/10? I am most looking forward to see Evloev return; Fiziev to win; Johnson vs. Ray and Dariush.
Would_watch_without_getting_bored/10

7/10? That’s a good score. I guess you’re happy with anything.

It’s not a bad card but askren Maia I’m really excited for.

Maia is so dangerous on the floor and his wrestling is very good for a bjj.
Bens grappling is one of the best ever in mma.
Ben will take Maia down and then we’ll get to see what happens.

I think askren is really going to wear Maia down and really punish him and break Maia the longer the fight goes.

I hope Ben works up a sweat or the first round is going to be extremely dangerous for him if it goes to the ground quickly.

Maia/Askren 10/10 (mostly because of Maia + the nature of a matchup)
Salikhov/Staropoli 8/10 (Staropoli underrated)
Gane/Mayes 8/10 (Gane for life)
Johnson/Ray 7/10 (Ray underrated)
Camacho/Dariush 9/10 (mostly because of Camacho, but both are underrated)

Markos/Yoder 3/10 (WMMA)
White/Fiziev 7/10 (Fiziev solid, White just tough)
Barzola/Evloev 8/10 (both outstanding)
Pavlovich/Greene 7/10 (Pavlovich is good)
Lookbonmee/Albu 3/10 (WMMA)
Pessoa/Hughes 4/10 (both waste of life)

Overall rating: 8/10

Askren vs Maia could easily be the most boring main event of 2019.

Or it could look like what askren did to Aoki....

I'm a fan of Askren and Maia but if he easily dominates Maia from top control (which he should), it puts him back in the 1-2 wins for a title shot category.

I'm a fan of Askren and Maia but if he easily dominates Maia from top control (which he should)
No he shouldn't.

There's no reason to believe Askren should even be in the UFC.

2015/16 Maia would gunnar nelson him with 50-45 performance.

Meh.

Askren vs Maia just screams D-level striking match. I pray I'm wrong.

I'll tune in for the main event If I can for sure !

i thought they was putting that fight on the bmf card.. huh oh well.

I was looking forward to this one, mostly for the main events and the heavyweight prospects.
Gane vs Mayes has a great potential, two big 6'5" young strikers. Mayes doesn't wrestle much and Gane already announced his intent to display more of his muay thai skills. Potential striking masterclass and POTN here.

Greene vs Pavlovich is a nice banger too, although I feel bad for Greene.

Main Event is a 10/10 for me. My most anticipated fight of the remaining year. Can't wait to see Maia choke this clown out.

Back