Crazy that Weidman might retire before Silva

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chris Weidman is 35 years old, has had 19 MMA fights, and has been competing for 10 years (debut in 2009)

Anderson Silva is 44 years old, has had 45 MMA fights, and has been competing for 22 years (debut in 1997)

35 year old Weidman was recently KOd stiff by Reyes. Chris has been brutally KOd in 5 of his last 6 fights.

44 year old Silva won a round against MW champ Adesanya and hurt his leg vs top 5 KO machine Cannonier. Anderson has only been KOd once in his 22 year, 45 fight career.

Silva’s longevity is arguably the best of all time. There are levels to this.

14F8B831-5E98-4554-A940-234C42549F88.gif

Chris Weidman is 35 years old, has had 19 MMA fights, and has been competing for 10 years (debut in 2009)

Anderson Silva is 44 years old, has had 45 MMA fights, and has been competing for 22 years (debut in 1997)

35 year old Weidman was recently KOd stiff by Reyes. Chris has been brutally KOd in 5 of his last 6 fights.

44 year old Silva won a round against MW champ Adesanya and hurt his leg vs top 5 KO machine Cannonier. Anderson has only been KOd once in his 22 year, 45 fight career.

Silva’s longevity is arguably the best of all time. There are levels to this.

View attachment 664255
to be honest, I wish BOTH would retire.

edit: Prime Silva would stiffen Weidman.

May as well do the third fight and both retire.

I can actually see that headlining a fight night card, I wouldn't like it, but I can see it

Weidman is 1-5 with 5 KO losses during the USADA era. He also looks physically different with no cardio and power since USADA

Plus his T:E ratio was all over the place for the Belfort fight.

Lol, it's really effed up to think like that, but I agree with TS, right on spot.
But now that people saw kicking Silva's previously severed leg works for a TKO he won't be able to fight anymore tbh, yet still about retirement, who knows?

Another weird paradigm: Had Weidman not been fast-tracked to fight Silva, would he be able to ever get a shot at the belt? Seems to me he should be happy to reach a MW gatekeeper now...
Not that Silva was going to keep on top for much long as well, he was 38 y/o, I know.

The only conclusion I can get of it is
Prime Silva would stiffen Weidman.

Lol at “there are levels to this”

weidman beat Anderson twice but Anderson is on a different level??

Just goes to show the difference between a true GOAT and a very good fighter who beat the GOAT due to Father Time.

Prime Silva would have stiffened Weidman.

yes, and if you have half a brain you would understand why.
Just a little bit of basic analysis.

Weidman beat a 38 year old Anderson, when he already had the UFC record 16 fight win streak (14 finishes), with 10/11 title defenses and 3 1st round LHW KOs.

Let’s see how Weidman fights at age 38.

This is Weidman at age 35.
2D38F680-4550-46E3-B45F-C50CBEB71641.jpeg

Back