Zhang Weili (20-1) vs. Rose Namajunas (8-4)

Zhang vs. Rose

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
befc0-15714486972236-800.jpg

“For Joanna, I don’t think she’s the fighter she used to be. I’m not very interested,” Zhang said. “She needs me more than I need her and she is struggling in the division to fight me. But I don’t know if I will give her the chance.
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F934469404%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

I want to fight the best; I think maybe Rose is a good [opponent].”
jm-rose-ufc-03-0004-v3-1509647881.jpeg

Last edited:
“For Joanna, I don’t think she’s the fighter she used to be, I’m not very interested,” Zhang said. “She needs me more than I need her and she is struggling in the division to fight me, but I don’t know if I will give her the chance. I want to fight the best; I think maybe Rose is a good [opponent].”
Source?

I didn't notice Rose had a Nateesque record.

I think Joaana is is confident enough to at least be game for Zhang , rose when in the octagon and holding off her head case habits would still be a tougher match up. Either way I favour Zhang over both.

If Rose bests her it would be crazy... Imagine DC.

<DCWhoa>

But really though Zhang should beat the fuck out of her, and I doubt it will be that competitive.

Zhang is easily the best fighter in that division, and the rest of them are going to duke it out for 2nd place for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Namajunas: 'This might be the last time I ever do this'
Rose Namajunas describes her mindset after losing to Jessica Andrade in UFC 237, noting before the fight she was unsure how long she will continue in the sport.

Rose is busy travelling with Creepfriend and getting her head together - lets do something sooner and with someone who wants to fight...

I think Joaana is is confident enough to at least be game for Zhang , rose when in the octagon and holding off her head case habits would still be a tougher match up. Either way I favour Zhang over both.

Nah, Joanna is definitely the tougher match up.
Rose is highly vulnerable to strikes out of the Thai clinch (where Zhang is lethal). Rose does not have solid take down defense and Zhang is the better and stronger grappler. Rose tends to fold when things aren't going her way rather than adapting.

Unless Weili plans on sitting out for a while it's not like there are a lot of contenders waiting on the wings. She already whupped Jessica's ass, Tatiana's injured, Nina's trying to get a kid, and God knows what's up with Rose.

I want to see if Weili can handle this shit.

ReliableFondGiantschnauzer-size_restricted.gif

HandmadeTheseCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Joannas last fight was a clinic

rose nearly dieded in hers

befc0-15714486972236-800.jpg

“For Joanna, I don’t think she’s the fighter she used to be. I’m not very interested,” Zhang said. “She needs me more than I need her and she is struggling in the division to fight me. But I don’t know if I will give her the chance.
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F934469404%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

I want to fight the best; I think maybe Rose is a good [opponent].”
jm-rose-ufc-03-0004-v3-1509647881.jpeg

Styles make fights. Styles make fights. Styles make fights. If Joana is faster than Weili...she may be terrible matchup for Chinese girl.

Either way Weili should fight Joana. Its a win for me. I like to watch Joana fight...win or lose.

Back