How many of you thought Yair would drop Stephens?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

I know the boy gets a lot of criticism and hate on these boards, I had my reservations about him too in that I didn’t like his non commitment to fundamentals, but I saw him grow up in that fight against KZ, he’s made his style his own and has sharpened up his technique, flaws and all.

Jeremy is a hard hitter and has murderous power but is a stuck-in-the-mud fighter. Yair is fast and athletic and that body kick from southpaw was pretty accurate and intentful.

Last edited by a moderator:
He surprised the hell outta me actually, outclassed Stephens in the standup

Yair would get wrecked by any half decent wrestler

Imagine getting wrestlefucked by Jeremy Stephens of all people

I thought it would be very competitive and it was. Yair thought Stephens wanted out of the first one but he's quite fortunate that fight was called a NC and the rematch was only a three rounder. He loses that fight if it was a five rounder

I thought it would be very competitive and it was. Yair thought Stephens wanted out of the first one but he's quite fortunate that fight was called a NC and the rematch was only a three rounder. He loses that fight if it was a five rounder

I don’t like this narrative. Training camps for a 3 round fight and 5 round fight are totally different.

You fight at a different pace knowing the rules that are set.

I’m not ignoring your opinion but it’s speculation on how the fight would play out if both guys go into the fight knowing how many rounds it will be set for.

I figured Yair would try and run his way to a decision but he really brought it and Jeremy kept waiting for him to be first unfortunately. A 4th round would have been very interesting though.

I know the brown boy gets a lot of criticism and hate on these boards, I had my reservations about him too in that I didn’t like his non commitment to fundamentals, but I saw him grow up in that fight against KZ, he’s made his style his own and has sharpened up his technique, flaws and all.

Jeremy is a hard hitter and has murderous power but is a stuck-in-the-mud fighter. Yair is fast and athletic and that body kick from southpaw was pretty accurate and intentful.

His GnP needs some work but what do you think is next for the Mexican?

why the fuck are you calling him brown boy and Mexican? you sound like a piece of shit.

He surprised the hell outta me actually, outclassed Stephens in the standup
Agreed. Yair has always been an excellent grappler. I was shocked that he outstruck Stephens.

I know the brown boy gets a lot of criticism and hate on these boards, I had my reservations about him too in that I didn’t like his non commitment to fundamentals, but I saw him grow up in that fight against KZ, he’s made his style his own and has sharpened up his technique, flaws and all.

His GnP needs some work but what do you think is next for the Mexican?

He didn't drop him, he kicked his leg out from under him.

According to this pic, Stephens may have a slightly more brown skin tone than Rodriguez but that could be lighting too.

1170081924.jpg.0.jpg

Regardless, Yair has better cardio than he showed in this fight, he got emotional and overextended himself going for the finish in the 2nd. He definitely needs to drill the TDD to take It to the next level but his striking is fun to watch.

He knocked him off balance and the hardest hitting 145 didn't even have to protect his head against the pillows.

This is just a classic lengthy combatant vs shorter combatant.

why the fuck are you calling him brown boy and Mexican? you sound like a piece of shit.

Lol I’m multi cultural relax. Anymore questions white BOY?

Last edited:
I don’t like this narrative. Training camps for a 3 round fight and 5 round fight are totally different.

You fight at a different pace knowing the rules that are set.

I’m not ignoring your opinion but it’s speculation on how the fight would play out if both guys go into the fight knowing how many rounds it will be set for.

The first fight was what, Luke three weeks ago? It's not like they had to reset and start a training camp from the beginning. They basically just went to the gym and had a continuation of the camp they just wrapped up.

Back