The stoppage in Barber-Robertson

Avenchi

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was an assault on the JBG's spectacle. What did we just witness? Lady didn't fall down, wasn't significantly hurt. Why the F did this moron stop the fight?

When the fighter doesn't contest the stoppage, then it was a good stoppage.

Ref is a sexist pig. Should of let Maycee kill her in the name of equality

Cause she kept getting punched in the face & she didn't do anything about it.

Gillian was fighting back, ref should have let her be a warrior

Most of the punches were missing, Barber seemed to be on the verge of gassing because she was throwing with some seriously bad technique: wide loopy punches- and most were not landing.

Robertson had her hands up, and even threw a counter right before the ref breaks the action.

Robertson wasn't visibly stunned, she wasn't wobbled, she was guarding well and throwing counters.... didn't even see her head snap back once or anything.

One of the more 'foul-play' stoppages I have ever seen.

Robertson had her hands up, and even threw a counter right before the ref breaks the action.

Yeah, this was the thing that stood out to me the most. Throws back a stiff straight and the ref jumps in. WTF? She never even stumbled or dropped. The ref should've waited for that at least.

Cause she kept getting punched in the face & she didn't do anything about it.
Have you ever been under a barrage of punches? It's really hard to answer back, even if the punches don't do much damage.

When the fighter doesn't contest the stoppage, then it was a good stoppage.

I have to disagree. Some fighters know that no matter how much they complain it simply won't make a difference.. so they don't even do it

Most of the punches were missing, Barber seemed to be on the verge of gassing because she was throwing with some seriously bad technique: wide loopy punches- and most were not landing.

Robertson wasn't visibly stunned, she wasn't wobbled, she was guarding well and throwing counters.... didn't even see her head snap back once or anything.

One of the more 'foul-play' stoppages I have ever seen.
Dana probably paid him off to stop this fight early if he sees Barber in a dominant position even for couple of seconds.

We've seen plenty of instances where refs don't allow female fighters to take the same level of damage that they would allow a male fighter to take. Given the same circumstances in a male fight (i.e., fighter wasn't dropped, wasn't wobbling on the feet, wasn't turning his back, and wasn't bloodied), I have a hard time believing the fight would have been stopped.

We've seen plenty of instances where refs don't allow female fighters to take the same level of damage that they would allow a male fighter to take. Given the same circumstances in a male fight (i.e., fighter wasn't dropped, wasn't wobbling on the feet, wasn't turning his back, and wasn't bloodied), I have a hard time believing the fight would have been stopped.
well so if there's a unspoken rule amongst refs to treat women fighters differently this shit is illegal
just put them all in invicta

maybe he realized noone was gonna get ko'ed or subbed so there was no point in letting it go on.

Agree with a lot of the statements from the readers but the term " not intelligently defending yourself" is greater than throwing wild haymaker, elbows, and poor technique punches that will gas you out. Probably a more visual assault than actual damaging assault but referee had to make an intelligent decision or otherwise potential repeat of the Gifford fight from last week.

Agree with a lot of the statements from the readers but the term " not intelligently defending yourself" is greater than throwing wild haymaker, elbows, and poor technique punches that will gas you out. Probably a more visual assault than actual damaging assault but referee had to make an intelligent decision or otherwise potential repeat of the Gifford fight from last week.
people need to rewatch carwin vs jds or barry vs kongo and learn that just because someone is getting "dominated" for a certain amount of time that's not a reason to stop the fight.

Let's make it clear: if it were a male fight, it wouldn't have been stopped at that point.

Dana probably paid him off to stop this fight early if he sees Barber in a dominant position even for couple of seconds.

This is exactly what happened on the Contender Series. The fight was 40 seconds away from going the distance, but the ref stopped it early she'd get a "finish".

The ref did his job and saved her. Robertson wasn't defending herself. She's tough for not going down. We have seen lots of standing TKO's before. Too many shots go unanswered and the fighter isn't doing shit, stop the fight.

She was getting bombed on but you have to let her go down or be completely out on her feet before stopping it. That was like a wmma stoppage to protect the woman.

The ref robbed Maycee of a HL reel faceplant finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back