Dominick Reyes will be the one to dethrone Jon Jones not Johnny Walker

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score

Why does everyone think Johnny walker is the guy to dethrone Jones when Dominick Reyes is better? The way Jones has been declining since USADA and barely scrapping by MWs i think Dominick Reyes would finish Jon Jones

Nope,

Walker has a much better chance. My grandmother could KO Weidman stiff.

i haven’t seen anything from either guy to make me think they can grapple with jon but i think jon likes beating these guys at their own game which is why he stood with santos/gustafsson for the whole fight & wrestled with cormier

Nah. Looked shit in the Oezdemir fight and beating Chris Weidman a weightclass above aint shit either. I like Reyes but based on what he's shown us so far he'll join the ranks of many others Jon destroyed. And I'd love to see Jones get KO'd.

Who gives a shit? The moment Jones loses, most dumb ass mma “fans” are going to say how overrated Jones was and they knew all along so and so would beat him.

Dude has been champ for 8 years and has beaten everyone in front of him. Sooner or later, he will slow down and get caught. That’s the name of the game but the day that happens, ppl will go nuts and claim whoever beat him is the real goat.

And I say this as a guy who can’t stand Jones but you can’t deny he’s a damn good fighter. Whether he’s been on peds or not, he’s got talent.

Who knows who's better at this point?

One thing is for sure, though: Reyes is the better tested fighter. Walker has been looking amazing but his best win by far is Cirkunov. Reyes has wins over Cannonier, OSP, Oezdamir and Weidman.

Obz the Oezdamir win was controversial and Teh Chris is faded and unproven at LHW, but whatever Reyes looked good in both fights.

Why does everyone think Johnny walker is the guy to dethrone Jones when Dominick Reyes is better? The way Jones has been declining since USADA and barely scrapping by MWs i think Dominick Reyes would finish Jon Jones

Look guys. Another fighter thats gonna dethrone Jon Jones thread
d.gif

I have a feeling Jones will make an example out of one of these guys you people think will beat him. Whether it's Reyes or Walker, he'll come out to prove a point. With DC the second time, he wanted to show just how much better he is and did exactly that.

I think both of them have a good shot at Jones.
But i think the longer the fight goes the better for JJ.

I have a feeling Jones will make an example out of one of these guys you people think will beat him. Whether it's Reyes or Walker, he'll come out to prove a point. With DC the second time, he wanted to show just how much better he is and did exactly that.

Do you think Jones will fight them at their own game?

Jon "perpetually going to lose his next fight" Jones

Jones beats Reyes by dec but in a war

walker ktfo’s jones in the first

Reyes is undefeated and fought better competition than Walker who has been finished 3 times by cans. One of the cans even Koed him twice in the same match and sent him out on a stretcher

I think walker matches up better against jones than reyes would but between reyes and walker, that's a bad matchup for walker. He's too chinny and reyes is dangerous with his hands

If I was Jones... I'd take a fight at HW to let these 2 collide... and then try to fight them respectively! These are the last 2 names left for Jones save for the Santos rematch. None of these match-ups will move the needle higher for Jones since casuals don't know these dudes... and the Fastrack Weidman & Rockhold would've received is now deeply buried! I like Jones... but his legacy is way beyond tarnished already... so why not challenge yourself the most while making bigger bank? Dude is so talented I believe he's been coasting most of his career save for the Cormier & Guftavson rematch, and that 2nd round vs Machida! Looking back, I wish Gus would've beaten him @ 165! Just imagine focused Jones coming off a loss! He'd make Venom Page look like boring Covington!

It’ll be walker if anybody. Reyes stretched a washed up chinless Weidman. I think Anderson would tune up Weidman at this point...middleweight or light heavy.

Do you think Jones will fight them at their own game?

Nah I think he'll do whatever he can to utterly dominate and finish him. Striking with Reyes or Walker gives them a much better chance of winning. He'll likely wrestle them and finish with GnP or BJJ.

Back