Did Chris Weidman have the toughest run in MMA History?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Was just reading over Teh Chris's resumé and holy shit. This dude had one of the toughest string of fights in the history of the sport. Look at this shit:

• Anderson Silva
  • Anderson Silva
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Vitor Belfort
  • Luke Rockhold
  • Yoel Romero
  • Gegard Mousassi
  • Kelvin Gastelum
  • Ronaldo Jacare Souza
  • Dominick Reyes
That's pretty un-fucking believable. Does anybody top that?

Inb4 he's still my boy

He also had Munoz, Uriah Hall and Maia.

But he was never any good anyway.

Cos sherdog.

Was just reading over Teh Chris's resumé and holy shit. This dude had one of the toughest string of fights in the history of the sport. Look at this shit:

• Anderson Silva
  • Anderson Silva
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Vitor Belfort
  • Luke Rockhold
  • Yoel Romero
  • Gegard Mousassi
  • Kelvin Gastelum
  • Ronaldo Jacare Souza
  • Dominick Reyes
That's pretty un-fucking believable. Does anybody top that?

Inb4 he's still my boy
Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans and Belfort in 19 months.

that middleweight division is full of killers... there was only so much punishment his brain could take... he is shot, even though he's relatively young for a mma fighter

Hendo had a stretch of Fedor, Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Shogun again, DC, Gegard.
That's gotta be the only string of fights that can compete with Chris's imo

that middleweight division is full of killers... there was only so much punishment his brain could take... he is shot, even though he's relatively young for a mma fighter
35 isn't young unless you're a heavyweight.

It is a good row of fighters, but mw has had big names, but been very weak for many years now.

Still, he fought the best the division could offer. What is so special with Weidman is that no matter how much he loses, he keeps on getting fights with big names And «top guys».

He had it fuckin hard I know that much. For a guy with his experience too.

I used to say that La Chris's Murderer's row happens after Silva. Seems to be true.

He should retire at this point. Nothing at MW or LHW for him tbh.

Hendo had a stretch of Fedor, Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Shogun again, DC, Gegard.
That's gotta be the only string of fights that can compete with Chris's imo

Came here to say this.

And, honestly, when you put it in the context that Henderson was 40+ for all of that, it absolutely crumples Weidman's streak of killers.

He was put through the wringer for sure. Made some horrible mistakes which lead to vicious kayos. Very short peak because of that. I think he's past the point of no return now. Really bad defense and already showing signs of slurring his speech. Bit on the small side for 205 as well. He might as well hang em up.

I feel like Eddie Alvarez's UFC career is up there.

Donald Cerrone
Gilbert Melendez
Anthony Pettis
Rafael Dos Anjos
Conor Mcgregor
Dustin Poirier
Justin Gaethje
Dustin Poirier again.

Last four fights prior to the UFC run was Chandler twice, Aoki and Patricky Pitbull too.

He also had Munoz, Uriah Hall and Maia.

But he was never any good anyway.

Cos sherdog.

Pre USADA Weidman was a monster.

Powerful grappling
Heavy hands
Fantastic speed
Good chin
Not the best cardio

Post USADA Weidma
Weak grappling
Zero KO power
Slow
Weak chin

He was amazing ... before testing came in.

Coincidence? Only if he is still ur boy.

I respect teh Chris. Always came to fight. Never ducked anybawdy. Moved up and fought one of the toughest young bucks at 205. Shame to see him get KO'd again but his resume and legacy are secure imo. Nothing to be ashamed of in losing to absolute killers.

Cormier, Cormier, Ngannou, JDS, Overreem, Werdum, Arlovski, Hunt, JDS

Back