If you have medical conditions no way should you be in the UFC

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"I need X medication to compete"……. But but but muh doctor gave me a note is complete BS…..
If you "can’t breath" half way thru an MMA bout than maybe you have no business in a MMA bout? Cardio is one of the biggest factors in MMA. Don’t you think Kimbo and Dada 5000 would of wanted inhalers when they nearly collapsed in a match from exhaustion? If Hardy has a genetic defect that impairs his breathing… why is he cleared to fight? We’ve seen guys with heart defects get tossed out because of the danger to themselves (and the liability to the commission and the promoter).

My Dr started talking about giving me jabs. I took the initiative filled the room with uppercuts before things escalated.

"I need X medication to compete"……. But but but muh doctor gave me a note is complete BS…..
If you "can’t breath" half way thru an MMA bout than maybe you have no business in a MMA bout? Cardio is one of the biggest factors in MMA. Don’t you think Kimbo and Dada 5000 would of wanted inhalers when they nearly collapsed in a match from exhaustion? If Hardy has a genetic defect that impairs his breathing… why is he cleared to fight? We’ve seen guys with heart defects get tossed out because of the danger to themselves (and the liability to the commission and the promoter).
Hardy will never be champion. He reminds me of a mix between Brendan Schaub and Big Baby from TUF. NFL guys just don't move the right way. He's tougher than Schaub and more powerful but he gases so fast and moves awkwardly.

Some world class athletes are asthmatics, should we just ban them too?

No, I have a better idea, why don't we let them compete but if they start having an asthmatic attack, then we don't allow them to use their inhaler!

Serves them right for being stoopid.

Last edited:
IDK, you can't ban people from competing. And if someone with asthma needs an inhaler, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to prevent them from doing so. If Hardy has a legitimate asthma diagnosis, he can appeal this no contest to a Federal judge.

Athletic Commissions don't have unlimited power. There's an over-arching framework they need to operate within, and ultimately Federal judges decide these matters. Whether this will actually make it to a Federal judge is an entirely different question.

Some world class athletes are asthmatics, .

The majority of top level athletes have inhalers
That doesn't mean they are all asthmatic
Literally anyone can get an inhaler prescribed. I have one. I'm not asthmatic.

Disagree 100 percent, everyone has something

Someone has heart burn there allowed to take medicine to fight, would be hard to fight well under total heartburn attack
someone has blood pressure problem they would be allowed on blood pressure medicine
or ibs, or hypothyroid, someone who tends to get staph, i have heard of guys getting on medicine to slow heart rate, If they stop all medical conidtuons they wont have veteran fighters, No cortizone shots, not ibprofen for arthritic knees, you name it

lists goes on and one, who knows when we pick what condition is ok to treat what isnt, as asthma suffer i always thought we were discriminated against.

Asthma inhaler would not help a non asthma person at all, even if they were gassed, it doesnt even help asthma people when there bronchial tubes are not spasming

20141225091954_IMG_4465.JPG

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to prevent them from doing so.

The legal argument would be that they aren't preventing him from using his inhaler, BUT, if he uses his inhaler then they will prevent him from competing (or render the competition a no contest in that they would have prevented him competing had they been able to)

Asthma inhaler would not help a non asthma person at all

Totally disagree with that. I'm not asthmatic, I have an inhaler, and it can be a benefit at times. And there are countless different substances in an inhaler.

Some inhalers have corticosteroids and beta agonists in them (prohibited in competition), others just salbutemol or similar (not prohbited)

The majority of top level athletes have inhalers
That doesn't mean they are all asthmatic
Literally anyone can get an inhaler prescribed. I have one. I'm not asthmatic.

Ahhh ok. Tbf I'm not even sure asthma exists. I knew a girl once who had several inhalers and the one she took on any given day was the one whose cap matched the socks she was wearing!!!

Antonio Cesaro was medically discharged from the 6 nations Rugby tournament for "excessive aggression.

Pd9t.gif

Medical conditions? You know how many men have mental health issues? Like 1 in 3. Now that number is only higher for fighters. Tony Ferguson for 1. Are you saying if they need medication to live their lives and compete they should be banned too?

Hardy will never be champion. He reminds me of a mix between Brendan Schaub and Big Baby from TUF. NFL guys just don't move the right way. He's tougher than Schaub and more powerful but he gases so fast and moves awkwardly.
Agreed!

What if Nick Newell said he needed a prosthetic bionic arm, does he get it? Nick “Bucky” Newell would be champ. upload_2019-10-19_12-32-7.jpeg

Say goodbye to Henderson, Rutten, Herring, Lesnar, Couture, and Robbie Lawler. Lawler didn't even breakout until he got his ashtma under control. OP is a fucking idiot that doesn't understand why people need inhalers. Its not oxygen directly into their lungs. If the commission approves it and its not a banned inhalant, its perfectly legal and we should want it that way.

Totally disagree with that. I'm not asthmatic, I have an inhaler, and it can be a benefit at times. And there are countless different substances in an inhaler.

Some inhalers have corticosteroids and beta agonists in them (prohibited in competition), others just salbutemol or similar (not prohbited)
not all beta agonists are prohibited, albuterol is allowed by usada.

Jerome Bettis as an NFL HOF'er and he has asthma. Has had it his whole life. His parent didn't let him play football til he was nearly in high school.

How many years has Tito fought with a cracked skull already?

Back