If GSP v BJ Penn happened yesterday, is it fair to say that the Canadian would've been DQ'd ?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Yesterday Greg Hardy had his win overturned for using an inhaler between rounds. The commission said he was supposed to be DQ'd, but they chose to just overturn it because Hardy had been granted permission by an inspector

According to Yahoo Sports’ Kevin Iole, an inspector initially approved the inhaler use when Hardy and his team asked. That inspector, however, didn’t have the authority to do so — which is why the fight was ruled a no-contest instead of a disqualification.

Thing is, GSP was never granted permission by an inspector to apply grease over himself against BJ Penn. Given the parallels, I would be inclined to say that if that fight took place yesterday, GSP would surely have been DQ'd.

250px-St-PierreGrease.jpg
giphy.gif

And before anyone tries to derail the thread saying that Silva also greased against Belfort ..

“I leave it to their expertise,” Kizer said. “We had a great referee in [the Silva bout] with Mario (Yamasaki), and we had four great inspectors in there. I saw some people were saying Belfort did the same thing. But that’s a lot different than someone putting Vaseline on a guy’s back to purposely give him an advantage. So it’s a matter of degrees.

“I can tell you that watching at cageside … there was nothing that raised a concern to me, as opposed to what I saw with (Phil) Nurse and (Georges) St-Pierre back in the day.”

If it happened yesterday BJ would get KTFO

No doubt.

BJ Penn beat up GSP from Mission Control in their first fight, his legs kept slipping from guard in their second fight.

His fans are some of the biggest hypocrites, they constantly attack Jones, but fail to admit that GreaseSP was one slippery cheater.

2xCtoXYudPqfverixZH9dVAWdIdIj0LbkqfZQPoGN0E.gif

display_image_original.jpg

george_stpierre_1250876c.jpg

Last edited:
No doubt.

BJ Penn beat up GSP from Mission Control in their first fight, his legs kept slipping from guard in their second fight.

His fans are some of the biggest hypocrites, they constantly attack Jones, but fail to admit that GreaseSP was one slippery cheater.
Good point, you accurately described known shills such as @rushbeg and @ThunderStruck

The Brazilian would have had a career filled with NC’s. He’s already got one for something else.
giphy.gif
vdzn2w.gif

The Brazilian would have had a career filled with NC’s. He’s already got one for something else.
giphy.gif
vdzn2w.gif
Agreed , Silva is the GOAT (Greasest of all time).
And he actually does it intentionally.

No doubt.

display_image_original.jpg

george_stpierre_1250876c.jpg
I remember i won $100 on the first fight but BJ beat the fuck out of him and did enough to win the first two rounds. Second fight is a whole different story

giphy.gif
vdzn2w.gif

I never understood the hate for this.

He just used what the commission had put on him.

Why couldn't he do it?

It's not like he is bringing to the cage stuff he wasn't supposed to.

Some of you bitches just can't get over it.

Reading this pansy shit from the same 5 people on here daily is uplifting and a great way to start my day.

GSP is the goat, BJ penn is an overrated fighter with almost as many losses as wins. Gtfo.

I never understood the hate for this.

He just used what the commission had put on him.

Why couldn't he do it?

It's not like he is bringing to the cage stuff he wasn't supposed to.
Because it’s only allowed on the face and only the cut man or licensed corner man can apply grease.
“Currently, fighters are only allowed to have a thin amount of petroleum jelly on their cheeks, eyebrows, forehead, temples and nose put on before the fight. The policy passed Wednesday states that the jelly — or a similar substance — can be reapplied between rounds, but only by an approved cutman or licensed cornerman. The reasoning for the change is because boxing has always allowed the application of such a substance in between rounds.”

Re read the post and you'll that I anticipated Silva haters like you coming in here to spread lies.
Lies? So Andy wasn’t doing that in the gifs? Just touching himself? Lol, delusional at its finest.
And in MULTIPLE fights...

Lies? So Andy wasn’t doing that in the gifs? Just touching himself? Lol, delusional at its finest.

NSAC's official verdict

“I leave it to their expertise,” Kizer said. “We had a great referee in [the Silva bout] with Mario (Yamasaki), and we had four great inspectors in there. I saw some people were saying Belfort did the same thing. But that’s a lot different than someone putting Vaseline on a guy’s back to purposely give him an advantage. So it’s a matter of degrees.

“I can tell you that watching at cageside … there was nothing that raised a concern to me, as opposed to what I saw with (Phil) Nurse and (Georges) St-Pierre back in the day.”

You are welcome

NSAC's official verdict

You are welcome
And the Ufc chose to do nothing about GSP. Fight was never overturned. You are welcome.

BJ got knocked out by a bouncer last week, GSP would kill him if it was yesterday.

Back