I may be one of the rare people who feels bad for Christopher Weidman

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
goes from being on top of the world to getting

BODIED 5 fights in a row

He must have angered the gods

Nah he was simply overrated as hell. A product of good timing, we finally saw his real value.

I remember hating him because I was a huge Silva fan before the USADA thing. Also his title defenses against past prime Machida and Belfort made me think he wasn’t shit.

Now I feel bad for him as well.

He's a good guy, but you know what you're watching.
His striking never really evolved. I really feel Ray Longo holds those guys back.

His striking never really evolved. I really feel Ray Longo holds those guys back.

I still remember those "put a hole in his f'n chest" memes, where people said finally Anderson lost to a real contender. How funny to look at them now. Well, not funny for Weidman though.

A lot of gyms do honestly

They put you on then keep you In a box

The difference is that all the weidman fanboys thought he was gods gift to mankind, the one who would move up and beat Jones and all that bs..

Most of us knew he was on a lucky streak back then and that he was never that good

And he should have moved camp a long time ago, and I am afraid that the introduction of Usada wasn’t in his best interest either

I am with you. Posted about it in another thread even. Never bought into the Weidman hype, but he seems like a really good guy. No one should have to go through a set of life events like this.. Well maybe Rockhold,, but not teh Chris.

I still remember those "put a hole in his f'n chest" memes, where people said finally Anderson lost to a real contender. How funny to look at them now. Well, not funny for Weidman though.
The best fighters / athletes succeed and evolve regardless of their coaches

at the end of the day, you train yourself.

The best fighters / athletes succeed and evolve regardless of their coaches

at the end of the day, you train yourself.
Yeah but you have the lame bro culture in MMA where you're a traitor if you train elsewere. Idk, it's a complicated situation with many moving pieces. Just sucks to see a talented guy talking about retiring so young. It didn't have to be this way for Teh Chris.

You’re an idiot. You have no idea what overrated even means.

After this technical and detailed explanation, I changed my mind. Chris "5 KO losses in the last 6 fights" is the GOAT, and whoever disagrees is an idiot.

Cause Pakman said so.

I don’t like the “he was never that good” comments. He was then USADA came along and he looked like a shell of his former self. Time and USADA is why he sucks now. His chin is totally shot and his striking has never evolved but at one point he was a legit championship level guy.

Maybe

I still think he was a very very good fighter

, never seemed the same post usada though

He was an OK fighter. But yes about USADA. The timing of his career downturn and the arrival of USADA can't be a coincence. Him and Johny Hendricks RIP.

The winner, by knockout:
usada-logo.jpg

Yeah me 2.
At the beggining of The Chris career i honestly couldnt stand him, but in time and with getting to know him better i must admit i became a fan of the guy. I really enjoyed watching him mature throughout the years having watched most of his interviews and really appreaciating his thought process and rationalization of what happened in his career and life.
The Chris is a cool guy in my book.

BODIED 5 fights in a row
Might be nitpicking but two fights before, he tapped Kelvin with an arm-triangle. I had The Chris up on the scorecards before he got the stoppage, too.

Look at the year he went down hill, there is your answer, its not rocket science.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back