Yair striking and speed was on another level last night.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His striking is beautiful to watch. not only is he fast(and precise) wit his kicks, but he's also extremely fast with his footwork and boxing. but what impressed me the most is his striking creativity and fight IQ. the best example is when he hurt Stephen in the second round with a lighting quick body kick, instead of headhunting he kicks Stephen's leg out and ground and pound him.

the sequence is quite similar to when jones finished Cormier in the second fight
DeadUnawareBlackfish-small.gif

That body kick was nasty, I feel like Yair should’ve just let him stand back up and go high with a kick, Stephens likely would’ve been protecting his gut like his life depended on it.

He really did put on a good striking display. I was actually most impressed with his composure in the pocket as he avoided most of Jeremy’s big shots and got out fast. If he ever develops his TDD, then he really can go far.

Until he completely gassed and got mauled in the 3rd. He would’ve lost that 5 round fight in Mexico.

Yair is on another level. Jeremy has been outclassed before but not like that.

Yair pretended to be a matador at one point with Jeremy predictably following behind like a dumb bull. Was pretty good.

Until he completely gassed and got mauled in the 3rd. He would’ve lost that 5 round fight in Mexico.
Stephen's was pissing me off. He was dominating the round but needed a finish and really wasnt doing anything to get one. Looked as if he thought he won the 1st round or something

I agree.
That duck Stephenson got what was coming to him.

Yair was gassed because he was trying way too hard to finish him on the ground. He landed like 60 rapid ground strikes in like a minute.

Yair was gassed because he was trying way too hard to finish him on the ground. He landed like 60 rapid ground strikes for like an minute.
And? That’s called bad fight IQ. What makes you think he wouldn’t have done the same exact thing at UFC Mexico?

The fight lived up to the hype! Great fucking fight im glad it was war we won that night. Also yair pulling the werdum in the beginning lmao

Yair busted him up. Hes gotta work on his ground and pound though , you can tell it's something that's still really raw for him. Accurate solid ground and pound is harder and more technical than one might think.

And? That’s called bad fight IQ. What makes you think he wouldn’t have done the same exact thing at UFC Mexico?
i'm not disagreeing with you. it was a bad fight iq moment from him.

He gassed with that WMMA-like GnP, lots of punching, no power, Jeremy was done with that kick, Aldo finished the job, Yair didnt, it was a good performance tho.

You don’t think fighters game plan differently for how long the fights are? Yair came out like a mad man and put a pace on Stephens. Kinda like he knew it was a 3 rounder
{<shrug}

Some really good posts in here Good observations Keep it up fellas

• hate him but he was good no doubt

Yair is on another level. Jeremy has been outclassed before but not like that.

Yair pretended to be a matador at one point with Jeremy predictably following behind like a dumb bull. Was pretty good.
Dunno what Max did to him was more impressive imo.

Yairs ground game is still trash though. Not much improvement. He made Stephens look like a D1 All American lol.

Probably why he avoids wrestlers like Zabit at all cost.

dbdl3qcav6g01.gif

screen-shot-2017-05-14-at-2-29-26-am.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back