Dominick Reyes is a good guy, but

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's be real, even your fat uncle could've KO'd Weidman last night. Yoel cracked and softened him just like he did Rockhold

I don't want to see Reyes suffer an early career setback by fighting Jones next. He needs another test

Last edited:
lhw div is poor, reyes could give jones a good fight, he has good striking good power great speed, is tall.. only issue sometimes he is very passive and to beat jones you have to be very aggressive

He won't improve fighting anyone else more than he would against Jones.

People want to downplay his destruction of Weidman, but let's be real, he can crack and finished Cannonier and OSP and now Weidman with the same off angle sharp straight. Not only that, he showed an impressive TDD and athleticism in all of his fights including this one. Jones right now throws looping ugly punches that would get beat by straights every time.

It's the best time for Reyes to fight.

I agree that Jon smashes him. He needs to have his wrestling really tested first. Weidmans chin was done years ago.

The KO might not mean much but it was still a good sign seeing the way he handled himself defending the takedown against someone like Weidman.

He's actually a terrible matchup for Jones on paper.

And imo Jones is declining too.

People want to downplay his destruction of Weidman, but let's be real, he can crack and finished Cannonier and OSP and now Weidman with the same off angle sharp straight. Not only that, he showed an impressive TDD and athleticism in all of his fights including this one. Jones right now throws looping ugly punches that would get beat by straights every time.

I agree. Weidman has never been finished like that. Nobody has ever taken him out that early and made it look so easy. Weidman looked like the bigger guy in there and he's an awesome grappler which Reyes handled just fine. People downplay it but Weidman is legit. Solid win for Reyes.

Yep.... I hope Jones stays busy and takes the fight.

The best thing about Jones is that he fights a lot when he isn’t suspended.

Well it just so happens that my uncle is Yoel Romero, but I get your point

I was hoping to see his grappling get tested more so we get an idea of how he fares against Jones, but I've felt for a while that if it stays on the feet then Reyes is the one to beat Jones

No other fight makes sense other than Jones vs Reyes IMO

After Jone's less than spectacular performance in his last fight, I think Reyes looks like he can be a threat to him. He looked tall and he has good power, I would watch it. Besides, who's left for Jon to fight?:confused:

Back