Walker,Rakic,Reyes and their path tobeat Jones

bhop1986

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What do you guys think,who of these 3 have a best chance to beat Jones and how.
Walker-he has reach and explosivness not sure about wrestling.he can win be ko.
Rakic-great leg kick,calf kicks,high kicks.good wrestling.he can win by ko or decision if he implements his kicking
Reyes-good boxing,but i think not good enough wrestling.can win by ko using his hands

Great thread. Santos had an eye-opening performance against Jones in which I thought someone who, on paper, really only had one path to win ended up making it a very close fight, even when compromised.

It makes me think that Reyes and Rakic and Walker all have at least a shot. The issue with Walker is I don’t think we have seen enough of him to really make that call. What if his cardio is only good enough to pose a threat for a round or two? What happens if and when Jones takes him down?

To me Rakic and Reyes pose the more interesting threat since I think they have diverse skill sets and have shown an ability to apply them for longer durations.

Reyes defensively seems to be really coming together with his grappling. He has confidence and precision in the standup.

Rakic is really good as a striker and a grappler. Good enough to beat someone as experienced and talented as Jones? That’s a tall order but I think he can make it a fight. Another factor is jones’ willingness or ability to wrestle. He typically had the best takedowns in the division and an amazing top game to go with it but we didn’t see much of that from him in his last two fights. A choice or more that he lacks that same ability to initiate grappling exchanges. If it’s the former, he will fight a smart bout against a Reyes or Walker and force them to fight off the mat. But if it’s the latter, the chances of a Reyes or Walker to win improve if only cause they have blitzing power and will have more chances to catch him.

Rakic-great leg kick,calf kicks,high kicks.good wrestling.he can win by ko or decision if he implements his kicking
Reyes-good boxing,but i think not good enough wrestling.can win by ko using his hands
There all potential contenders. Glad I'm not the only one that hasn't forgotten Rakic. UFC needs to line them up if. If Jones want's to clear out LHW, he needs to start with those guy's.

Good thread. I havent’ seen enough of Walker yet, but with 82 inch reach he wouldn’t be conceding much to Jones in that area.

People are forgetting about Ryan Spann.I desperately want to see him fight a top half dozen guy next.
Spann vs Smith ( if Anthony doesnt have a fight yet)- book it.

Great thread. Santos had an eye-opening performance against Jones in which I thought someone who, on paper, really only had one path to win ended up making it a very close fight, even when compromised.

It makes me think that Reyes and Rakic and Walker all have at least a shot. The issue with Walker is I don’t think we have seen enough of him to really make that call. What if his cardio is only good enough to pose a threat for a round or two? What happens if and when Jones takes him down?

To me Rakic and Reyes pose the more interesting threat since I think they have diverse skill sets and have shown an ability to apply them for longer durations.

Reyes defensively seems to be really coming together with his grappling. He has confidence and precision in the standup.

Rakic is really good as a striker and a grappler. Good enough to beat someone as experienced and talented as Jones? That’s a tall order but I think he can make it a fight. Another factor is jones’ willingness or ability to wrestle. He typically had the best takedowns in the division and an amazing top game to go with it but we didn’t see much of that from him in his last two fights. A choice or more that he lacks that same ability to initiate grappling exchanges. If it’s the former, he will fight a smart bout against a Reyes or Walker and force them to fight off the mat. But if it’s the latter, the chances of a Reyes or Walker to win improve if only cause they have blitzing power and will have more chances to catch him.
Do you think that Reyes have better boxing than Jones?because i really think that and he is south paw and indont think Jones ever fought a tall south paw,maybe im wrong

How can anyone forget about Rakic. He'll fight Volkan in 2 months, can't wait to see that fight
Can Rakic ko Volkan?or maybe he will wrestle him,because Volkannis a threat standing up,becausenof hos power.

People are forgetting about Ryan Spann.I desperately want to see him fight a top half dozen guy next.
Spann vs Smith ( if Anthony doesnt have a fight yet)- book it.
I didnt follow Span i need to check him out.thanks.im always excited when there is new talent in lhw.since Rampage,Vitor and those guys,that is my fayourite division.also i like mw very much

I still think Reyes gets mauled. His wrestling is getting better, but that was against a MW’s debut at LHW. I think Jon isn’t as good as he used to be, but he still beats Reyes.

Best chance for any of them is a lucky punch on a granite chin that has never shown a crack. There otherwise is no path of attrition for beating Jones.

I've said for about a year now that Reyes can win if he keeps it on the feet, but his wrestling still hasn't been tested enough IMO to confidently say he can beat Jones

Rakic and Walker are too green to really predict

I didnt follow Span i need to check him out.thanks.im always excited when there is new talent in lhw.since Rampage,Vitor and those guys,that is my fayourite division.also i like mw very much
He caught my attention with dispatch of nog ( but noticed his technical performance against 205 nog who was still fighting well at time. I was waiting to see something different and agsinst quality opponent which he delivered big time as a slight favorite in last fight. Hes flying under radar..... but not for long).

.....and - yes- UFC 205 division is supposed to be crown jewel class in sports top promotion along with 185 as you mentioned. I find it hard to believe that in 2019, both are anemic or diluted - currently. I thinker Walker crimson has Corey on deck and we need to see him walk through another decently ranked 205er.

Do you think that Reyes have better boxing than Jones?because i really think that and he is south paw and indont think Jones ever fought a tall south paw,maybe im wrong

I think he does have better boxing. But overall striking? Overall game? You have to go with Jones. Jones mixes things up very well. If hands were the only factor, I think Reyes would have an advantage- but when you throw in kicks and elbows and Jones' ability to initiate takedowns or at least get the opponent worried about that prospect, he is very tough to beat.

They will all get destroyed by the GOAT

Santos is a 10X better fighter than any of them

At least one of those 3 demolishes post USADA Jones

He is not the same fighter without massive amounts of PEDS as we saw with only pulsing picograms against Santos

Reyes has diverse and advanced kicking tools and his anti-wrestling is outstanding, what are you smoking?

Back