Greg Hardy is proof that MMA fighters are A level athletes

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
As all of Sherdog knows, Greg Hardy is an A level athlete. He cant even go 3 rounds without an inhaler. His opponent, a fat out of shape can easily went 3 rounds.

Proof that MMA fighters are a league above pro sports players.

He has asthma and used his inhaler in the NFL too.

You people not understanding the "a level athlete" thing is always funny. Do you really not get why A level athletes would destroy mma fighters if they tried to?

You people not understanding the "a level athlete" thing is always funny. Do you really not get why A level athletes would destroy mma fighters if they tried to?

They can't, sorry. They need inhalers and oxygen tanks to compete.

Last edited:
sucks the commission said yes. He did nothing wrong in this situation.

They can't, sorry. They need inhalers and oxygen tanks to complete.
brock lesnar won the HW title.

Imagine an NFL linebacker deciding to do MMA for his entire life, giving up $8 million a year to fight Roy Nelson for PPV points. There's no money in fighting unless you are like 1 of 5 people. A level athletes aren't gonna fight MMA. why would they?

Imagine an NFL linebacker deciding to do MMA for his entire life, giving up $8 million a year to fight Roy Nelson for PPV points. There's no money in fighting unless you are like 1 of 5 people. A level athletes aren't gonna fight MMA. why would they?
Brock Lesnar is a wrestler. His collegiate wrestling record:
  • National Collegiate Athletic Association
    • NCAA Division I All-American (1999, 2000)
    • NCAA Division I Heavyweight Champion (2000)
    • Big Ten Conference Champion (1999, 2000)
  • National Junior College Athletic Association
    • NJCAA All-American (1997, 1998)
    • NJCAA Heavyweight Champion (1998)
    • North Dakota State University Bison Tournament Champion (1997–1999)[316]

Brock Lesnar is a wrestler. His collegiate wrestling record:
  • National Collegiate Athletic Association
    • NCAA Division I All-American (1999, 2000)
    • NCAA Division I Heavyweight Champion (2000)
    • Big Ten Conference Champion (1999, 2000)
  • National Junior College Athletic Association
    • NJCAA All-American (1997, 1998)
    • NJCAA Heavyweight Champion (1998)
    • North Dakota State University Bison Tournament Champion (1997–1999)[316]
<Prem973><Prem973><Prem973>

The argument isn't that "a level athletes" can walk into MMA and just win, the argument is that if the "a level athletes" started fighting at 6 years old instead of starting football or basketball at 6 years old, than those athletes would dominate the current ones. Nobody is saying that Ray Lewis would step up against Stipe or DC and beat them now, we are saying that IF Ray Lewis chose wrestling as a kid, instead of football, than he would have been HW champ.

Hardy's striking looked more technical than 95% of HWs these days.

The argument isn't that "a level athletes" can walk into MMA and just win, the argument is that if the "a level athletes" started fighting at 6 years old instead of starting football or basketball at 6 years old, than those athletes would dominate the current ones. Nobody is saying that Ray Lewis would step up against Stipe or DC and beat them now, we are saying that IF Ray Lewis chose wrestling as a kid, instead of football, than he would have been HW champ.
There is enough overlap and transitions between NCAA wrestlers and football players. And between wrestlers and ufc fighters. To show that there is not any difference in athleticism between football, wrslting, and ufc.

There is enough overlap and transitions between NCAA wrestlers and football players. And between wrestlers and ufc fighters. To show that there is not any difference in athleticism between football, wrslting, and ufc.
Imagine not only having this thought but publicising it on the internet LOL

I cant recall seeing him in the NFL as I barely watch it, but his athleticism doesnt translate especially well to MMA. Not saying the NFL doesnt clearly have better HW athletes overall, but in an MMA context his gas tank and speed are nothing special.

Imagine not only having this thought but publicising it on the internet LOL
Nick Hardwick. Once you start looking for it, there is similar athleticism in ufc and NFL. Plenty of wrestlers who play in nfl.

Nick Hardwick. Once you start looking for it, there is similar athleticism in ufc and NFL. Plenty of wrestlers who play in nfl.
The talent pool in wrestling is infinitely smaller than football, there is no comparison beyond whatever anecdotes you can muster

giphy.gif

What if you applied this argument to other occupations. Is a stock broker smarter than a professor? Do smarter people go into finance than academia? Or is it that some people enjoy research and teaching about their passion, and some people want to buy, sell, and make more money?

Brock Lesnar has a legit fighting background, he is a freak of nature and still got his ass whooped by Cain. So the Brock example doesn't show any domination.
I said that he was wrestler because you mentioned him like he was someone with only athleticism.
Brock-Lesnar-and-Cain-Velasquez-1186992.jpg

But yeah it's probable those "a-level" athletes would become champion if they trained since early. The HW division is so shallow

Last edited:
The talent pool in wrestling is infinitely smaller than football, there is no comparison beyond whatever anecdotes you can muster
There might be more football players than wrestlers in total. But my own anecdotal observations led me to reading lots of articles about athletes who transitioned both ways from football to wrestling. Cliff notes: there is no advantage to the athleticism of the best in either sport. There are great wrestlers who made ok football players, and grat football players who made ok wrestlers.

Back