Adesanya on Jones (2015)

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I’m liking Jon Jones too, I like him, I just wish he would be honest, be the heel, that’s the Jon Jones I like. Not the ‘Thank God, thank my family, I kicked his butt,’ guy. It’s like, “What? You’re a grown-ass man, you don’t say butt. You fucken whooped that ass.” I like guys who are real. Jon Jones should be embracing who he is, going Mike Tyson. Maybe not quite full Tyson, ‘eat your children’ and all that, but you know."

Where are you in two years?

"Next year is the UFC, I’ve always said 2016, UFC, and then by 2018 I’ll be fighting for the title. After I’ve had that for a while, it’ll be time for superfights with Jon Jones or something crazy like that. I’ve still got one fight left with Glory, so I’m not hitting up Dana White on Twitter just yet or anything like that, but once I get that fight out of the way, that’s me."

You can call him Mystic Black, he predicts dez tings

"I’m liking Jon Jones too, I like him, I just wish he would be honest, be the heel, that’s the Jon Jones I like. Not the ‘Thank God, thank my family, I kicked his butt,’ guy. It’s like, “What? You’re a grown-ass man, you don’t say butt. You fucken whooped that ass.” I like guys who are real. Jon Jones should be embracing who he is, going Mike Tyson. Maybe not quite full Tyson, ‘eat your children’ and all that, but you know."

Where are you in two years?

"Next year is the UFC, I’ve always said 2016, UFC, and then by 2018 I’ll be fighting for the title. After I’ve had that for a while, it’ll be time for superfights with Jon Jones or something crazy like that. I’ve still got one fight left with Glory, so I’m not hitting up Dana White on Twitter just yet or anything like that, but once I get that fight out of the way, that’s me."
People dislike Jones cause he is "fake." People hate on Izzy because he is the realest and honest.

I bet in 2015, he wasnt thinking about the CostaNator
paulo-costa-ufc-217-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

A lot of people don't like Izzy, but he's just himself. I respect that. Dude has called his shots and delivered every time. He's entertaining and he's been crazy active since day 1.

He's also been through a war against Gastelum and showed championship heart in that 5th round. Dude went right through Whittaker. Hoping he does the same against Paulo.

Izzy has grown on me a ton.

Back