Francis Ngannou Very Frustrated with Dana White ("Right now, I don’t know if I’m a fighter or not")

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“They have to do something with me,” Ngannou told MMA Junkie. “OK, so what is that? I want the damn answer. I want to know what’s my position. I want to know what I’m doing here. I’m the No. 2 (heavyweight), and everyone is booked. I’m just here looking like, I don’t know, some guy desperate to get a fight.

“Actually, in my position, the only fight I’ll be running to is the title – but I don’t know if they want to make me run to any fight. Also, I wanted to fight before the end of the year. Like, it doesn’t matter who that is. I have to fight because I get that you guys don’t give much. But even though they don’t care, it’s kind of frustrating. Right now, it’s not something that I’m very happy to talk about. It’s been an exhausting process.”

“It’s very frustrating right now, and I kind of (have to) think what to do, what is possible,” Ngannou said. “The only guy in the top 10 that is available right now, as I saw, is Shamil (Abdurakhimov). But Shamil just lost against Curtis Blaydes. Curtis Blaydes doesn’t have a fight, and I fought him twice already. So it’s not some fight that I’m looking for. And that’s all. They said I could wait to see what’s going on Nov. 9, to see maybe if (Alexander) Volkov beats ‘JDS.’ But the problem – first of all, that’s not a fight I’m looking for. And second of all, Volkov turned this fight down twice.

“Why do I have to expect somebody to win a fight or don’t get hurt to accept the fight? ‘I don’t know.’ That was their answer: to wait and see, either in November or in December, to see if Volkov wins or if Walt Harris wins. Then we will see if they want to fight me if they are not injured.”

“They’re going to have to fight the trilogy, but why should I not fight before?” Ngannou said. “I think I deserve this fight, and the problem is, they’re planning to make this . . . in March. And notice: March is going to be . . . nine months from my last fight, because my last fight was in June. Then, they’re going to expect if somebody, if the winner doesn’t get hurt, I’m willing to fight in three months.

“It’s going to go over one year from my last fight, and if something happens, if the winner gets hurt or injured and is going to take time off, then what happens? Right now, I don’t know if I’m a fighter or not. My promoter, my boss doesn’t care about me. So this process is kind of exhausting!”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/francis-ngannou-frustrated-ufc/

He should be getting the next title shot but Dana has a hard-on for Fatso Cormier

Ngannou just wants to bang. Dana, give him Arianny's number!

I'd say feed him a tag team of CCC and Nunes for the MMF belt.

Though, for a money fight, maybe Rose + PVZ vs Francis for the MFF belt.

There is so much fluff and b-level MMA on UFC now, the stars are paced out between top 2-3 spots on each card.

We just get more filler to get the stars out, instead of great loaded cards.

edit: Im not sure this is the case for Francis. Dana has said he has a poor attitude, and could be indirect punishment.

Last edited:
It's clear he's the #1 contender for the belt, but they're not in a rush to book him against Stipe again out of fear that he'll lose. If DC had beat Stipe, they would have probably announced him vs Ngannou for the championship already.

Jap, kinda sucks for him. He has pretty much cleared the division except Comier and the Stipe rematch.

He's desperate but wont fight below his ranking even though Steepay and DC are booked.

Oh Francis.

Deserving contender getting shit on for a better selling fight. What else is new?

To be fair, what fight is there? He has basically smoked any reasonable matchup.

Everyone else is booked

Him vs Cormier for the title shot. Big DC fan but fuck DC getting another title shot. If he wins he's just gonna retire anyways and leave the division in a cluster fuck anyways.

UFC can just throw Stipe some cash to have an "injury" so DC is forced to fight Francis. If DC doesn't want to then well fuck off and fight someone else in the top 5 and Francis can get the TS.

I love DC but him and Stipe have 3 back to back title fights just fucks the division for 2 years and isn't fair to the other contenders.

Everyone is scare of you dude. Stipe doesn’t want to fight you again.

To be fair, what fight is there? He has basically smoked any reasonable matchup.

Everyone else is booked
Stipe

Or

giphy.gif

Ngannou is in a terrible position. He's so intimidating no one want's to fight him. He should get the next title shot, forget about Cormier. Or he should fight the winner of Lewis/Ivanov.

This is what happens when you're #2 and beat everyone else and still have to wait for Stipe's eye to heal so he can fight DC a 3rd time. Ngannou wont be fighting until summer.

Make him fight Derrick Lewis since Ngannou was scared shitless of him the first time and refused to engage. See if he's gotten over his fear this time.

Dana has a top heavyweight knockout artist who is actually active for once, but he's not letting him fight in favor of this Stipe/DC rivalry where both guys fight once a year. SMH.

They should just throw him the highest ranked fighter available. Who cares if it makes sense. Why would you not want a guaranteed KO on one of the upcoming shows?

Last edited:
He should be getting the next title shot but Dana has a hard-on for Fatso Cormier
I'm not paying money to watch a title fight where the opponent only has a punchers chance for two rounds until he's completely gassed.

DC vs Stipe is the fight to make.

Ngannou needs to go back to taking advantage of guys way past their prime with shot chins, or see if he's able to beat Derrick Lewis yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back