"Serra was a lightweight"

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Serra was a lightweight, once upon at time, just like I weighed 100lbs when I was 8.

People always say GSP lost to "lightweight " Serra.

Heres something you guys obviously dont know.

Serra, at the time he fought GSP, was not a lightweight. Infact, he was actually the LARGEST fighter on the entire 170lb roster, having a walk around weight of 205lbs.

I hear the argument, "yeah but that was all pasta". No, he was not fat in any way when he fought GSP, infact I specifically remember thinking how small GSP looked next to Serra when they fought the first time. Sure, hes taller, but Serra was built like a tank. He made GSP look frail.

GSP ate whatever he wanted and ate a lot of McDonald's and fatty foods, and was never even close to being as heavy as Serra. Serra is just a naturally bigger guy. Gsp couldnt get to 200lba even with force feeding.

Please stop this GSP beat a lightweight narrative , its completely wrong. Gsp was 185lbs at that time and Serra was 205 (walk around weights)

Just because in the past Serra fought at lightweight, that doesn't make him a lightweight forever. Is Rumble a WW?

Serra is naturally a way way bigger guy than GSP. I mean, hes a heavyweight now who weighs like 240lbs.

Cliffs: Serra is not a lightweight

vpXfGtd_d.jpg

Last edited:
LMAO. Serra was not the largest WW on the roster. He was a bloated up LW.

He was tree times GSP’s size

I think Serra is underrated on here. Gsp doesn't suck because he lost to him. Dude is a nugget with heavy hands and is a good grappler.

We knew Serra is a journeyman, but now we found out Serra was a LW Journeyman. Cool story TS!

LMAO. Serra was not the largest WW on the roster. He was a bloated up LW.

Technically by weight he was the largest. He was never fat or bloated in any fight. You don't have any clue what youre talking about

That was just another way for people to discredit GSP.

It was a big deal back then because not many guys were jumping weight classes.

nowadays a lot of guys in weight classes, came from the lower class.

That criticism of GSP has aged worse than other ones.

My friend in high school was 5’7” 200 pounds big as fuck and squatted 500 with minimal training (like 2 years, that’s minimal to me). This was natural.

I’m saying this to drive home the point that there are short people who have an otherwise big build. I think Serra is one of those people.

Technically by weight he was the largest. He was never fat or bloated in any fight. You don't have any clue what youre talking about

Again. Can you source this absurd claim? You are making statement of facts without a single source. Find us a source saying Serra was 205lbs when he fought GSP. Then show us that not a single WW in the world was heavier; Which is complete bollocks.

All you need to know is that Serra fought 5 fights at LW so he WAS a LW from 2002 to 2005.

Agreed. Also, Thiago Santos and Anthony Smith are also natural LHW's, they were destroying themselves to make MW so they argument that Jones beat "washed up MW's" is stupid as hell. Both men mentioned were successful at MW and decided to move up, and guess what? They were/are successful there too!

And I'm no way giving Jones props. His entire (or at least most) of his record should be vacated to N/C's due to cheating.

Serra was a lightweight, once upon at time, just like I weighed 100lbs when I was 8.

People always say GSP lost to "lightweight " Serra.

Heres something you guys obviously dont know.

Serra, at the time he fought GSP, was not a lightweight. Infact, he was actually the LARGEST fighter on the entire 170lb roster, having a walk around weight of 205lbs.

I hear the argument, "yeah but that was all pasta". No, he was not fat in any way when he fought GSP, infact I specifically remember thinking how small GSP looked next to Serra when they fought the first time. Sure, hes taller, but Serra was built like a tank. He made GSP look frail.

GSP ate whatever he wanted and ate a lot of McDonald's and fatty foods, and was never even close to being as heavy as Serra. Serra is just a naturally bigger guy. Gsp couldnt get to 200lba even with force feeding.

Please stop this GSP beat a lightweight narrative , its completely wrong. Gsp was 185lbs at that time and Serra was 205 (walk around weights)

Just because in the past Serra fought at lightweight, that doesn't make him a lightweight forever. Is Rumble a WW?

Serra is naturally a way way bigger guy than GSP. I mean, hes a heavyweight now who weighs like 240lbs.

Cliffs: Serra is not a lightweight

vpXfGtd_d.jpg

Nice photoshop TS

Real nice

Back