Do you prefer striking or grappling?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Growing up I did Tae Kwon Do so I was always attracted to striking, but when I found out about MMA, I started to really get into grappling. Years later I am tired of watching grappling. I like to see quick submissions, but I really don't enjoy watching people on the ground unless they are extremely active. I really like to watch the punching now. I do watch some boxing, but I like to watch MMA fighters with good boxing nowadays.

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

Depends. Ill watch Adcc aswell as Glory. But in MMA i prefer if someone is good and active at it. Nothing worse than 2 fighters doing nothing regardless if on the ground or standing.
If i had to pick id say striking but i also enjoy it when well rounded fighters mixing it up.

Striking.

But I prefer grapplers who go for the finish over boring strikers.

Striking.

But I prefer grapplers who go for the finish over boring strikers.

What this guy said. I'd rather watch someone snatch submissions than a pillow fisted striker.

I'm generally more into grappling, but prefer whatever skill the fighter is best at. I don't care to watch Maia striking, or Greg Hardy grapple, if you get my drift.

I prefer watching grappling/wrestling, as long as the guy on bottom isn't just stalling and hoping for a standup.

I love it all, but my favorite fighters to watch are the fighters who blend it all together.

Nobody wants to watch a stalemate whether it be on the ground or standing up.

I like watching well rounded fighters, guys like DJ, Jon Jones, DC, Dillashaw, RDA, etc.

DJ for instance is the perfect example of blending it all together, he can strike with you standing and in the clinch.

He’s got crisp hands and his footwork and angles are great, he will mix together combos with punches kicks and knees, he will show everything.

ThirdPiercingLamprey.gif

tumblr_maskhzl2Kc1rrwwgco1_500.gif

FrenchRelievedBlackcrappie.gif

OrnateOblongAiredaleterrier.gif

DJ’s level changes are great, he’s got great timing on his shots, and on the ground he is always working to advance and look for a sub.

4_medium_medium.gif

Demetrious%2BJohnson%2BArmbars%2BKyoji%2BHoriguchi%2BUFC%2B186.gif

Demetrious%2BJohnson%2BKimura%2BChris%2BCariaso%2BUFC%2B178.gif

That shit is art to watch.

I prefer both. I'm not suppose to say that but I just did. I'm a badass..

sometimes striking can suck to watch when no combinations are thrown and fighters keep exchanging few shots at the time.
grappling is same sometimes they fail so bad to get into positions they want and they just stall the fight.
I enjoy active exchanges in both,but not when its boring to the eye to watch

Slow chess matches are nice but stalling basically is pretty boring

Aggressive, active grappling (Ryan Hall) for me is ALMOST as interesting as watching a aggressive striker like Ngannou. Unfortunately 95% of them are boring humpers.

Hmm.. probably a bit more into striking, at least if it's MMA. Can't stand that covering up-stuff as it happens in boxing and kickboxing a lot (although i like both).
I do love takedowns, slams, throws and submissions though.
I'm fine with watching both, so as long both are used to either inflict damage or go for the finish, otherwise it can be boring of course.

Back