Underrated: Luke Rockhold has never been knocked out

deviake

Otsego Amigo
@Silver
Reaction score
cleanly. His chin is underrated. His problem is that he leaves his chin in the air and has no head movement, it's not the chin itself, it's his lack of defense.

cr27L77.gif

HiddenJollyCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Bisping's hooks even sat Silva down.

Not one lights out KO to be seen, chin in the air every time, zero head movement. Pretty impressive given how hard and cleanly he's been hit.

You've been enlightened.

hi-res-689aa34caf0699e8c77ad187633e5240_crop_north.jpg

Discuss my flock.

He just sits up to get obliterated once he's hurt, it's both horrific and awesome :p

Rockholds never been knocked out then you show multiple gifs of him getting ktfo

/makes post about fighter never being knocked out

/Posts several gifs of said fighter being knocked out

<{MindBrown}>

Replace Luke Rockhold with Brendan Schaub, then you have a thread worthy of the wasteland. This, as it stands ... ban.

Replace Luke Rockhold with Brendan Schaub, then you have a thread worthy of the wasteland. This, as it stands ... ban.
Can't touch the second amendment son
hi-res-7580756_crop_north.jpg

That's a good point about Schwab tho

I do think he has a bad chin, it's just that sometimes punches have to land on a certain sweet spot on the chin to put you stiff.

I do think there is a discussion to be had regarding what is a KO vs a TKO. A KO is when a fighters is unconscious, while a TKO is when a fighter is beaten to the point they can no longer intelligently defend themselves.

There is a difference and it should be differentiated by hardcore fans.

I wouldn't say he has "no" head movement, if anything I'd say the problem with Rockhold is that he tries to fight like he's some great kickboxer but simply doesn't have the talent for it. He should be working far more on his wrestling and range, looking to keep fights at long distance then grappling if someone tries to exchange with him. Instead he gets drawn into aggressive boxing matches time after time.

Mid-long distance kicking and grappling are his real strengths.

Last edited:
cleanly. His chin is underrated. His problem is that he leaves his chin in the air and has no head movement, it's not the chin itself, it's his lack of defense.

cr27L77.gif

HiddenJollyCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Bisping's hooks even sat Silva down.

Not one lights out KO to be seen, chin in the air every time, zero head movement. Pretty impressive given how hard and cleanly he's been hit.

You've been enlightened.

hi-res-689aa34caf0699e8c77ad187633e5240_crop_north.jpg

Discuss my flock.
you actually believe that his chin is ok just because he hasn't had any lights out KOs?
Luke Rockhold is probably done as a fighter, he even says himself that he may never fight again. and that would probably be a wise decision.

I do think he has a bad chin, it's just that sometimes punches have to land on a certain sweet spot on the chin to put you stiff.

I do think there is a discussion to be had regarding what is a KO vs a TKO. A KO is when a fighters is unconscious, while a TKO is when a fighter is beaten to the point they can no longer intelligently defend themselves.

There is a difference and it should be differentiated by hardcore fans.
He leaves his chin straight up with zero movement and is hit flush every time he goes down, I think whether one thinks his chin bad or not that his defense (lack thereof) plays an enormous part in his losses, far more so than his chin.

Last edited:
These were all actually early stoppages.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Back