Has anyone had a better opportunity on UFC debut than Ben Sosoli?

TankAbbott4Eva

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I can't think of one, he and Dan Kelly must have been over the moon when this offer came through.

He's getting straight on the main card, this is because he's fighting a guy with a huge profile, not down to his MMA skill. Ben is far more experienced than he is in combat sports (also had quite a few pro boxing bouts before this). Hardy is bigger obviously but Sosoli has some decent hands and I see him lighting Hardy up. The smart move for Hardy would be to take the fight to the ground, will be interesting if he does that but on the feet hes in trouble.

If Ben wins everyone will know him as derailing the Hardy hype train and even if he loses, he should at least manage one more fight on the next Aussie card. He was always getting into the UFC at some point but they couldn't have hoped for a better situation.

I was going to say Mickey Gall had a better opportunity on debut but the Punk fight was his second UFC bout when I checked.

War the Combat Wombat!

Across-the-Pond-Profile-DWTNCS-season-three-alumni-Ben-Sosoli.jpg

Whichever cans were brought in to fight CM Punk

Edit: Just checked and that was their second fight each, they fought each other first lmao

Mike Perry got to debut on short-notice against then prospect Hyun Gyu Lim on a PPV main card. Won the heart of the fans with the weigh-ins and then had a stellar performance in the cage.

Also Joe Lauzon. Debuted against a former champ in Jens Pulver and absolutely had his way with him.

Hes being brought in to lose. Has UFC ever cherry picked and spoon fed easy fights like Hardy has been given?

beat me to it. JDS debuting vs Werdum who was practically the #1 contender and then KOing him was insane.
And they still made him run through the gauntlet to the title fight lol.

I smell a werk.

Sosoli had any trouble paying bills recently? I guess we shall see.

Mickey gall got a meal ticket in the form of a very green CM punk lol

Solid thread, makes this fight a bit more interesting... I would love to see a no name KO Hardy

My all time favorite climbing of the ladder, if you will.
Up n coming jds was something else
def one of the best title runs onto capturing the belt in the history of the sport, not just the hw division.

Back