Despite all the noise, the schtik isn't working.

Nabs

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Numbers don't lie. As long as Colby has been at it, he only has 243k IG followers. This is why the shit talkers do what they do. To up their profile on social media. Despite all the noise, this dude is a failure and his popularity is a hype job. Even his boy Masvidal who was super quiet on social media before the Askren fight, is close to 1M. Colby is all smoke and mirrors. People don't even care to tune in and see him get KOed. He's just like an annoying gnat at a barbecue that needs to be swatted.

Last edited:
Colby probably paid for most of his followers too.

True. Any of Conor's tweets gain more attraction than any of Colby's fights

Very boring fighting style and his trash talk is hit and miss. Sometimes he is funny but mostly he comes off as really awkward and words don't flow naturally and it ends up being really cringey. Maybe he can become a star if he beats Marty and beats some well known fighters but I have a feeling he won't get there.

It's kinda amazing really that with all tbat he says and does, plus having the trump family backing that he isn't more popular to at least the more right leaning mma fans.

However on social media he has repeatedly spoiled the endings of big films which may have cost him a ton of followers.

If you're going to have a wannabe ric flair heel persona you have to be able to cut a good promo. Every time he says "what's up nerds and virgins" it sounds so forced and shakey, it's like a kid giving a presentation in front of the class for the first time.

tree-falls-in-the-forest.jpg

Very boring fighting style and his trash talk is hit and miss. Sometimes he is funny but mostly he comes off as really awkward and words don't flow naturally and ends up being really cringey. Maybe he can become a star if he becomes the champ and beats some well known fighters but I have a feeling he won't get there.

Exactly! No charisma and it's too obvious that his act is rehearsed. He's just not a natural at it. It's cringe central all the damn time on top of his boring figthing style.

You made a thread about him on a random karate forum. It is working...

I agree with what you are saying OP, but I think earlier this year he had alot less followers. I recall him having 100k, perhaps someone can pull up his social metrics (I'm out right now)

I think if Colby wins this title fight you will see a big bump because the trash talk essentially became real.. on the flip side if he loses it may mean he always stays stagnant.

I'd also say, that more people care to watch/talk about Colby, than his numbers show. Hes politically charged so some people like to watch him from afar.

I personally find Colby entertaining and have no problem with his gimmick since so far hes been pretty dominant

CriminalEthicalIndochinahogdeer-size_restricted.gif

It's kinda amazing really that with all tbat he says and does, plus having the trump family backing that he isn't more popular to at least the more right leaning mma fans.

However on social media he has repeatedly spoiled the endings of big films which may have cost him a ton of followers.

This post nails it... Colby just comes across as so fake/transparent that it shoes people away from caring too much about him

Numbers don't lie. As long as Colby has been at it, he only has 243k IG followers. This is why the shit talkers do what they do. To up their profile on social media. Despite all the noise, this dude is a failure and his popularity is a hype job. Even his boy Masvidal who was super quiet on social media before the Askren fight, is close to 1M. Colby is all smoke and mirrors. People don't even care to tune in and see him get KOed. He's just like an annoying gnat at a barbecue that needs to be swatted.
It is pretty funny how he tried so hard and created this fake persona yet his friend who now hates him, became twice as popular by basically being himself. People like what they like lol

This post nails it... Colby just comes across as so fake/transparent that it shoes people away from caring too much about him

And the crazy thing is that he's made all these enemies now and has made his own life harder having to constantly look over his shoulder (even in his own gym) and it's all for nothing. At least if he pulled numbers and made millions, it'd make up for it. Once he loses to Marty, he's going to be even less "popular" but will still have to deal with all the people he's pissed off.

Say what you want, (and I would LOVE to agree with you)< but the fact is: he got title shots because of his schtick, so it did work. Unfortunately.

That's what is funny. Yeah we get it you are a pro wrestling fan. But the Heel act only works when the fans are dying to see you lose. Nobody fucking cares at all LOL..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back