Since the UFC chose to make the bonuses 50K

BEATDOWNS

Power Slap OG
@plutonium
Reaction score
Since January of 2013 The UFC has given out $54,000,000 in post-fight bonuses.

(I'm too lazy to do the math of events prior)

If you didn't know before now you do.

Last edited:
Mayweather makes that just for signing to fight(54 million)

While we're on the subject anyone else find it annoying and maybe just a little bit pathetic that every single post fight it's "Dana, fifty G's!!" I know the pay is atrocious for an MMA fighter but god damn.

If you dont know, now you know n.........

446b1f577a0c3d13cf3c27c6d37d3bdc.jpg

While we're on the subject anyone else find it annoying and maybe just a little bit pathetic that every single post fight it's "Dana, fifty G's!!" I know the pay is atrocious for an MMA fighter but god damn.
Begging for a bonus should disqualify them.

Not at all. Most MMA fighters, even in the UFC, are fighting for dogshit money. Rallying the crowd behind you for a bonus is just fine in my eyes.

Sounds like a lot money to me, considering it's over and above the agreed contract fighting purse for each fight.

Don't worry, Dana will have plenty of snow to shovel off his driveway this Winter.

Not at all. Most MMA fighters, even in the UFC, are fighting for dogshit money. Rallying the crowd behind you for a bonus is just fine in my eyes.
I don't like the fact that it makes it seem like whoever grovels the best is the one Dana decides to give the bonus check to. Almost seems like it fuels his ego that much more when professional fighters have to beg him for it.

Sounds like a lot, but you can probably double that in amount lost by fighters since Reebok came in.

I can't believe the bonuses haven't gone up in 7 years, they should have doubled with the ESPN deal.

Are you goons crazy Floyd made it clear he ain't fighting for less then 9 figures LOLLL

Usually when they asked for it they don't get it. lol it's like a curse

I don't like the fact that it makes it seem like whoever grovels the best is the one Dana decides to give the bonus check to. Almost seems like it fuels his ego that much more when professional fighters have to beg him for it.

I mean it sucks that they have to beg.

I'd rather the bonuses be for anyone who finishes a fight. Except maybe shit like Mir/Crocop when it's a dog shit fight for 13 minutes and a single blow ends it.

I'm cool with Dana saying "that fight sucked balls so you won't get shit for finishing it".

$200k total for the 4 bonuses so $54 mill = 270 events, I cba to check when the $50k's started but I assume it's correct.
It'd be better if they shared the $200k per event out between all the fighters who are in the main or co-main event however.
Discretionary bonuses are BS. If you have 4 great fights on one card but none on another it's still just $200k per event so they'd be better off bumping pay and dropping the bonuses.

Back