Maycee Barber Would Beat Valentina Shevchenko and Dominate Weili Zhang

Who do you see Barber beating?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maycee Barber is locked in on her goal of being youngest champion in UFC history, and believes she won’t make any missteps getting there. Nicknamed “The Future,” Barber (7-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) has long vocalized her plan to break Jon Jones’ record as youngest UFC champion. The 21-year-old still has roughly two years to do it, and she said she’s trying to carefully plot every step.

“I’m not trying to rush anything,” Barber told reporters, including MMA Junkie, at Wednesday’s UFC on ESPN 6 media day. “Technically, I believe if I was offered the fight with Valentina tomorrow I’d go in there and I truly believe I could win that fight and I could do everything to go out there and to win that fight.

I believe it would be a fight and I believe that I would win that title. But why do it right now? Why not take the next couple years and not just go out there and fight her, but go out there and dominate her?”

“That’s the one I believe I could take right now. I could go in and just dominate that fight. Valentina could be back-and-forth and I believe I could take that title still, but I would rather have it be a beatdown than a back-and-forth brawl.”

“It’s kind of a hard question to answer because I don’t know (how many more fights until a title shot),” Barber said. “I’m fighting again and then I’m fighting Gillian and I’m taking this fight then I’m taking the next one. If it happens to be two fights from now or three fights from now I really don’t care. As long as it’s within my dates.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/10/maycee-barber-beat-ufc-champ-valentina-shevchenko-dominate-weili-zhang-ufc-on-espn-6

She's talented and has a bright future ahead of her, but she was having issues with JJ Aldrich's range and only pulled through in that fight because of her power and athleticism.

If she keeps on improving rapidly then sure, she could give either of them a run for their money, but as it stands a gutsy performance is the most she can hope to achieve.

Don’t know about Zhang but she’d definitely see off Valentina inside 2 rounds.

She better pump her brakes, before she ends up in the shadow realm like Jessica Eye. She's not ready for Valentina.

I'm honest here: i haven't seen a single fight of Maycee Barber, but isn't it a bit early to assume she'd beat the best striker in all of women's MMA (Valentina Shevchenko)?

I think she's going to have trouble making 115, and Val destroys her, so...not happening.

I don't think she'll beat Gillian, let alone those girls.

ronartestusingimaginationsincenopics.jpg

Not sure she wins those fights, but she could definitely win my heart *thump-thump*

She better drain that ear if she wants to make weight

20fk8h6x-720.jpg

Back