Are all of us writing off Weidman @ LHW???

JoshR86

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Is it just me or are we just writing off Weidman too early here??

We've seen dozens of fighters move up a weight class and revitalize their careers.

Dustin Porier, RDA, Kelvin, Whitaker, Masvidal to name a few.

We have far less successful MW's have great success in a pretty thin LHW division in Santos, and Anthony Smith, guys i would still favor Weidman over @ MW.

Of course there's still a giant ? On how he performs at LHW, but i just feel like he was a big MW, who has the frame to improve a lot in the LHW division.

The wagon might have been run off track and crashed in a ditched, might have a broken wheel, and is being pulled by a lame horse, but this is our cinderella story, rags to riches, and God damnit He's still my boy!!!

726443_1.jpg

In his prime he could've made waves, but after 4 brutal knockout losses I don't think he has much left. Wouldn't it be interesting if middle-low guys like Anthony Smith and Thiago Santos did much better at LHW than former champs Rockhold and Weidman? What a time to be alive.

Probably, Reyes had horrible cardio in his last fight. We'll see though. Weidman is becoming another James Vick, you just wait and see when he'll get finished.

He can win a fight or two at LHW. He is in no WAY going to be a contender..

We've watched enough fights to know that anything can happen. As TS said, there have been many guys who looked washed but a change in weight class changed their careers. You also have cases where going up backfires, recently in Vick, Max, Luke.

I give The Chris a 40% chance of success, the division is shallower than MW.

Chris is way done being good at any weight class.

I still believe. Dude did the craziest thing in MMA history and stop Anderson SIlva's reign. Twice. After Usada he hasn't looked as credible but that was because of the IV ban. The wheel kick that killed him! I had him just in front against Rockhold but wouldn't be upset if someone thought Luke was winning. Problem was after such a beatdown, the last person you want to face is fucking Romero. Then gets blasted even worse in a fight he was winning 2-0. Moose fight was shit, they should have ran that debacle back. Had a war with Jacare. Still haven't seen him get dominated from start to finish. Keen to see how he deals with LHW. Didn't he almost die once to make MW?

He'll sub Reyes so easily... it'll trigger Silva fans again...

giphy.gif

Probably, Reyes had horrible cardio in his last fight. We'll see though. Weidman is becoming another James Vick, you just wait and see when he'll get finished.
He's still fighting top level guys though.

And even though this sentence is stupid, I cannot think of 1 fighter that it applies so perfectly: "he was winning until he lost"

Maybe Overeem

I feel like Weidman finishing Gastelum is one of the most glaring outliers of the last five years

He's still fighting top level guys though.

And even though this sentence is stupid, I cannot think of 1 fighter that it applies so perfectly: "he was winning until he lost"

Maybe Overeem
The thing that actually tells us is that he does belong at the top. If he was just going out and getting pumped then he obviously doesn't.

I would be shocked if he wins this weekend..

If he sticks to his wrestling, and doesn't get in a war like he did with Jacare he can definitely take this fight by submission or GNP. Only problem with going up in weight, you're facing harder hitting guys and going up after 4 knockout losses, it could be a problem. He's seriously mistaken about fighting Jon Jones and getting a title shot though. That is ridiculous. Makes me think he's going in over confident.

Back