Free fight: Anthony Pettis vs Stephen Thompson

Africa5876

The Last GenderBender (Usada approved)
Banned
Reaction score

Absolutely brutal knockout, don't hear too many people talk about it cause it gets overshadowed by Jorge's flying knee but it's up there as one of the best knockouts of the year

Really like the respect shown, but those two extra punches, got damn.

They're not extra punches. He's just trying to wake him up. Same with Masvidal and Ben. Respect.
I often say this as a joke, too. Just trying to wake him up, but yeah. Vicious knockout.

Man Wonderboy lit him up until he the KO.

Wonderboy needs to be more aggressive and less evasive, look at Machida. Got smashed to hell multiple times. Wonderboy's next.

Out cold !
there's nothing lucky about this, well timed well performed punch

Hopefully that’s the last of Wonderlads stale dance routine.

it might’ve worked during a stretch, but when he’s content to win the fight with insignificant pot shots you get results like this.

Tyrone exposed this boy.

Almost as good as Niko's upkick!
228737.jpg

WTF man?

I swear I could hear Chappelle yell "Surprise Bitch" when Pettis pulled that punch out of his ass.

Absolutely viscious, but it definitely doesn't happen again. Props to pettis for stepping up when it was all but obvious that he would get outclassed.

Hopefully that’s the last of Wonderlads stale dance routine.

it might’ve worked during a stretch, but when he’s content to win the fight with insignificant pot shots you get results like this.

Tyrone exposed this boy.
Except wb won those 2 fights

I swear I could hear Chappelle yell "Surprise Bitch" when Pettis pulled that punch out of his ass.

Absolutely viscious, but it definitely doesn't happen again. Props to pettis for stepping up when it was all but obvious that he would get outclassed.

Wonderboy had been landing good jabs, Pettis had been landing solid leg kicks. If it had went the distance staying like that, it would have been a coin toss who won. Pettis's leg kicks are super underrated, I'm always confused when people act like WB was a few shots from putting him away.

i love this ko, probably my second favourite this year after masvidal nearly killing askren.

the way wonderboy falls backwards is comically hilarious! it always makes me chuckle.

Wonderboy needs to be more aggressive and less evasive, look at Machida. Got smashed to hell multiple times. Wonderboy's next.

Machida got smashed for being over-aggressive and making predictable forward lunging movements (Shogun rematch, Rockhold fight). Except the Brunson fight, there Brunson feinted and Machida made a predictable side step with his hands down, which Brunson read, and then he got slept.

Wonderboy was cruising his way to a decision before the ko, man needs to change his style a bit and keep his hands up. Got knocked down against Woodley both times, knocked down against Till, and knocked out cold by Pettis... At one point, I was picking him to be champ, how times have changed

Wonderboy fucked up on the kick retraction. Crazy how the striker of his caliber can fuck things up on the most basic levels.

Back