Randy Dominated Prime Chuck and Tito Back to Back

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Watching the 30 for 30 special last night really reminded me how much of a beast Couture was. Chuck was the guy that no one wanted to fight so to force Tito’s hand they created an interim title fight in hopes that 40 year old Couture would just become another victim. He ends up outstriking and finishing Chuck then Tito gladly accepts the fight thinking it will be easy. Then Randy ragdolls Tito and spanks his ass. This has got to be two of the greatest back to back wins in the history of the sport. War Randy!

Watching the 30 for 30 special last night really reminded me how much of a beast Couture was. Chuck was the guy that no one wanted to fight so to force Tito’s hand they created an interim title fight in hopes that 40 year old Couture would just become another victim. He ends up outstriking and finishing Chuck then Tito gladly accepts the fight thinking it will be easy. Then Randy ragdolls Tito and spanks his ass. This has got to be two of the greatest back to back wins in the history of the sport. War Randy!

...and then, after fluke accident that allowed Vitor to hold a title for a second - beat him up so badly that blood splashed over the camera.

He did the same thing with Tim Sylvia and Gonzaga. Miss those days. Back in 2000's a UFC event was like an Avengers film.

Too bad Dana hates him, he would be exponentially more legendary

The man started MMA at 33.

I doubt you'll ever see anybody enter the sport at that age and have the kind of success he did. Couture is a legend.

To be fair, Chuck didn't take that fight seriously. He barely trained for Randy the first time. When he did train, he won easily with a one-punch ko. Tito was just outclassed.

ya, but then chuck came back and ko'd randy twice....brutally....

...and then, after fluke accident that allowed Vitor to hold a title for a second - beat him up so badly that blood splashed over the camera.

To be fair, it was a punch that turned Randy's retina into Bispings. Every punch in mma is landed with the glove, so 'the glove hit him' is no excuse.

Tito gladly accepts the fight thinking it will be easy.
I don't think that was the case. He called it a bigger challenge. He just didn't have a choice if he wanted to keep the belt and not be called a coward again.

He probably did think he could win because Ricco beat Randy. But obviously they aren't the same.
Tito basically ran into a more evolved version of himself as a fighter.

Back