Why is Kevin Lee on main card instead of Walker?

Right Hook nut shot

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I like Lee but he should be in the prelims for this one. Walker ko'ing Anderson's head into the crowd would be the perfect main event opener for this stand up heavy card

Doesn't prelim headliners get more promotion than first main card fight?

Did they change something? I remember it being the opposite.

This be true only if the Prelims are aired on tv and not streamed, which these are on TV. So Walkers in a good spot, I just think Kevin should be on prelims at this point no matter what. lol

Why is Kevin Lee on main card instead of Walker?

Better management...
1XC2w0Y.gif

If Walker is prelim main then that's s solid spot. TV exposure

True, it's called ESPN+ headliner or something like that. Either way, i'm watching the whole card so doesn't really matter for me.

its not about ranking or name value its because UFC are trying to push Walker while Lee has already had several main event spots

More people who arent diehard mma fans see the prelims than PPV main cards 90% of the time

Yeh historically UFC would put an exciting fight at the top of the Prelims, with the inference this would encourage people watching the free tv portion of the card to make a last minute PPV buy.
With the new streaming prelim and streaming ppv model this is a bit diluted, but still relevant.

I thought someone posted Kevin Lee is on the TV portion and I was glad to read that.

I like Lee but he should be in the prelims for this one. Walker ko'ing Anderson's head into the crowd would be the perfect main event opener for this stand up heavy card

Because outside of shertard...noone knows who the flux Walker is.

Back